276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glenfiddich 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky – 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was more excited to try this than the 12. The 12 delivered exactly what I expected but I had higher hopes for the 15 year old. The bottle I tried is the standard version at 40% not the distillers edition.

I actually can't think of any relevant movie reference here so I'll leave it to that one. And I guess it's better to keep your mouth shut when you don't have much good things to say. Aesthetic experience: Typical amber gold traditional color slightly on the lighter side. The body is like a nice medium light whisky. I hate the bottle shape and the 40% ABV . . . but this is nicer then the 12yo. The nose is very sweet and inviting. Honey, vanilla and fresh fruit: oranges, pear, green grapes. Apple compote, chocolate with raisins, sultanas. Mild on the spices with cinnamon and ginger. Some liquorice. This 15 year old is matured in American bourbon casks, followed by Portuguese sherry and virgin oak finally it is married in a Solera vat. In the summer of 1886, with his seven sons and two daughters by his side, William set out to fulfil a lifelong ambition. Together they began building his Distillery by hand, stone by stone. After a single year of work it was ready and William named it Glenfiddich, Gaelic for Valley of the Deer.Taste: sweet, sherry note, apples, tea, peppery, fizzy on the tongue, hints of a bourbon, as it sits in the glass, a nutty flavor evolves, toffee, hint of liqourice, dark dry fruits, very warming and echos the nose well

The nose is gentle, smooth, and quite sweet, with raisins, vanilla, and loads of honey. Gentle spices and apple notes appear as well, but in general the nose is pretty simple. The palate is medium-bodied and just a little bit spicy. Similar to the nose fruity flavours take centre stage, this time it is oranges and apples, followed by some vanilla flavours and a hint of cinnamon. The positive note is that this was a bit better than Glenfiddich 12, probably because of the Portuguese touch? This content is intended only for people who are of legal drinking age in their country. Do not forward to minors. The finish is slightly bitter, yet as soft and buttery as the nose. Mixed peppercorns and salted caramel play up the sweet and salty nature of the finish. Lingering and satisfying, grassiness retains a lasting foothold.The finish is slightly bitter yet delicate and buttery, much like the nose. The sweet and salty essence of the finish is accentuated by mixed peppercorns and salted caramel. Grassiness is lingering and delicious, and it has a strong grip. This whisky is quite interesting as it’s matured in 3 types of casks (American bourbon, Portuguese sherry and virgin oak), After which the whisky is married in a Solera vat . The richly layered Glenfiddich 15 Year Old single malt Scotch whisky is innovatively matured in three types of oak cask: sherry, bourbon and new oak, before being married in our unique, handcrafted Oregon pine Solera vat. Year on year, this Solera vat is never emptied but is always kept at least half full creating a deliciously harmonious and intense whisky which gets more complex and intriguing every year."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment