276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide For Separation, Liberation & Inspiration

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She said her mother would accuse her of not being a good enough “housekeeper” and not caring enough for her mother when she was ill, which was often. To the extent that she says things that would clearly make them upset, such as, "it's all your fault that your daughter pulled herself away from you," and then following up with, "but I know it came from a place of hurt and suffering. If you enjoyed Karen Casey’s bestselling Each Day a Renewed Beginning or A Woman’s Spirit, and books like Daily Reflections or Keep It Simple, you’ll love Each Day a New Beginning Workbook. Felt an undercurrent of pressure while reading to just suck it up and use your own strength to make the relationship "work" vs finding closure and ending the toxicity for good. Someone needs to quickly author a book that disabuse your readers and set them back on the right course of working towards the closest, most honest and open daughter~mother relationship and never stop trying.

Sandeep talked about her grandmother’s and mother’s lives and arranged marriages and shared how verbally abusive and controlling her father and grandfather were. Are you tired of the voice inside your head saying, “you’re not good enough,” “you’re not creative enough,” blah blah blah? An empowering book that offers clarity and validation as well as strategies for freeing yourself from the control of an unhealthy mother relationship. Inside learn:Why mother daughter relationships can be toxicHow to heal and transform your mother "wounds"The art of creating and maintaining impeccable boundariesIf you liked Codependent No More, Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents, or Henry Cloud's Boundaries, you'll love Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters. Instead of fewer, more in depth chapters about real life examples, the author stuck more to a text book approach (lots of chapters) - let’s throw every issue at the wall and see if it resonates with someone.

Other times she is very inconsistent and changes what she was just saying, so I was confused about her point altogether.

I picked up this book, partially because of my own relationship with my mother, but mostly because a client recommended it and I wanted to join her in session to determine if this is helpful. Journal away from anxiety and towards confidence through the power of creative writing and mind-body practices.If you are suggesting that if a daughter gets fed up with her mother, or can't manage to communicate her feelings, (and they are valid if they are her feelings), and work it out and work at it until it's as close a relationship as can possibly be and will only be "free" when her mother dies then you are preparing your readers for a lifetime of well deserved guilt, pain and regret. behaviors that can take control, making it not the reality she wants, but the reality she thinks she has to live.

That is frankly not possible when your childhood and young adult years were virtually razed and destroyed by a narcissistic mother.

Karen is married to the love of her life, Tim Anderson (a left-brained engineer), and they live in New London, CT, with their two cats, Bella and Starla. I’m sorry but children don’t come into this world thinking they are worthless: someone gives them that message.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment