276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Caroline: Little House, Revisited

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have no idea what witchcraft made a good 360-page book feel like a 600-page slog, but there you have it. I realize now that I should have made that connection much sooner but the truth is that, while I have given much consideration to the horrible way in which Indigenous Americans have been (and still are being) treated throughout the years, I never once thought of how this might impact my opinion of the Ingalls family.

Whether she is a favorite character or not, I think she is very relatable since we have her perspective; I personally adored getting to put myself in Caroline’s unique position as she had to make that long wagon trip and start up her new home on the frontier.

A zig-zagging Shakespearean drama, played out in the highest echelons of fashionable Georgian society . BookBrowse seeks out and recommends the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction—books that not only engage and entertain but also deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Structurally, there was a problematic scene where we’re in the moment with Caroline, but then somehow it becomes some sort of dream sequence or a retelling - after Scott passes out in the bottom of the well. I shall continue to shrug off the suggestion that I am aiming for world domination, but I can’t help being pleased.

however, it builds on Caroline's first book, He Died Waiting: Learning the Lessons- a Bereaved Mother's View of Mental Health Services (2020). Written from Caroline’s perspective, the reader gets a full picture of the fear, loneliness, sorrow, and other emotions faced by a woman who is leaving all she knows to follow her pioneer husband.I was crying by chapter one, and shriek-laughing by chapter two - with every other emotion to come by page 381 (and I say this as someone usually very much dead inside). I love the familiarity of the setting, the people, and things like Pa’s fiddle, the shepherdess, the delaine. The idea was good, but the Caroline of 1870 had the thoughts of a contemporary 2000 woman; it did not fit well. In this respect, the data protection declaration of the respective payment service provider applies. It would never occur to Ma to question her husbands judgement in any way and instead she spends her days obsessing over whether her daughters are too prideful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment