276°
Posted 20 hours ago

haakaa Manual Breast Pump with Suction Base and Silicone lid Set 4oz/100ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Squeeze the base to suction it to your breast. Once suctioned, milk will begin to flow — you can simply leave the pump alone and let it work. Try different breastfeeding positions to solve this one. Using a football hold where your baby’s legs are positioned under your arm is usually the answer to keeping the haakaa on with a fidgety baby.

Just think about it, on average your baby likely nurses 7 to 9 times a day. Even if you only collect 1 ounce every session, you’re collecting 7 to 9 ounces each day. In just one month, you could easily have well over 200 ounces breast milk sitting in your freezer! Another huge benefit of the haakaa is that it’s a great way to save excess milk. Many mamas find that, when their supply is still regulating, they tend to leak. Instead of use nursing pads or a cloth to sop up that milk, the haakaa catches it, so you can freeze it and give it to baby once they’re taking a bottle down the road. But if you’re using the haakaa for its intended use–strictly as a milk saver– your supply shouldn’t be affected too much. The reason being, when you nurse your baby the letdown reflex (milk ejection reflex) is triggered and milk flows out of your breasts– and not just out of the breast your baby is nursing on, either! Once your baby switches sides, she’ll be able to get another let down from your other breast, so you should not worry about the haakaa draining all of the milk from your breast. The Haakaa manual breast pump is, in my opinion, one of the best tools for breastfeeding moms. It’s easy to use a haakaa to collect milk for your freezer stash, help you relieve engorgement, help you increase your milk supply, and more. At a such an inexpensive price, the Haakaa is a must have for any breastfeeding mom. What is a Haakaa and How is it Different than a Regular Pump?

If you’re a breastfeeding mom, the haaka pump is a total game changer!

The Haakaa original has not been replaced by the 3rd generation Haakaa however there are a few key differences between the two. I’ve spent enough time with my lactation consultant to understand that breastfeeding is a supply and demand thing. So essentially, when milk is removed from your breast it signals to your body to make more. If you’re researching the haakaa pump, you’ve likely come across info about the Haakaa gen 3, too. The products work fairly similarly, but there are some stark contrasts between the two: To make sure you’re getting a good suction. See the photos above to ensure you’re placing the haakaa on your breast correctly. Make sure to squeeze the haakkaa breast pump at the base, not the sides or top, for the strongest suction. What is a Haakaa? Haakaa Review Find Out How This Pump Can Help You Collect More Milk post by Mama Natural

If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure. Store as required. One of the biggest benefits of the haakaa is that it doesn’t require electricity, which means it can easily be used anywhere. The Haakaa Doesn’t Come with Tons of Parts and Pieces You can start using the Haakaa breast pump right away – it can help with stimulating your milk supply and get you started on a milk stash for your baby. This means its a piece of baby kit that can see you right through to the end of the first year, and beyond even if you continue to breastfeed after 12 months.While it’s straightforward to use, the shape of the Haakaa means you need to have your whole boob out to use it, so it’s best used alone, with people you’re very comfortable with or in conjunction with a hands-free pumping bra. For a slight upcharge, mamas can get the Haakaa Convertible ( to buy), which allows you to add a nipple and turn the collected milk into a bottle for baby. This model is particularly nice when you’re using the haakaa on-the-go or traveling. If you don’t have access to a fridge to store the collected milk, turning it into a bottle means that you don’t have to waste the milk and your baby can enjoy it right away. Haakaa With Suction Base You may need to do some trial and error in the beginning to find the most comfortable position to put your Haakaa on. Why moms love to use Haakaa Can be used to increase your breast milk supply. The Haakaa can increase your breast milk supply because the amount of milk you produce is all about supply and demand. If you are using a Haakaa to collect your letdown, and then with it properly suctioned over the breast getting it to collect extra milk while you feed or pump, then your body will produce more milk. The more milk your extract from the breast, the more your body is told to produce. For me, it seemed to work best when my daughter was nursing out of one breast and the Haakaa was suctioned to the other. After a couple of minutes – and with a little bit of squeezing the pump base – I was able to get a nice flow going. (I didn't try to pump too much because I don't actually need to build a stash for my 17-month-old.)

If it doesn’t clear the plugged duct on the first try, take a break and repeat up to four times a day. Massage the clogged duct in between tries.The Haakaa Orignal With Flower Stopper ( to buy) comes with a cute flower, which acts as a cap to prevent spilled milk. This is the most popular model, because it is still affordable but comes with the flower stopper, which many mamas consider invaluable. Note: This can be a choking hazard as baby gets older and likes to put things in her/his mouth. Haakaa Convertible Traditionally, the haakaa is just used to collect the let down on the side that you are not feeding baby. However, some moms choose to leave it on longer and collect both foremilk and hindmilk. The haakaa collects whatever milk is ready to leave the breast. If you’re using the haakaa on a full breast, it will typically collect foremilk first, just as a regular pump would. If you’ve recently nursed from that breast, you may collect hindmilk. It all just depends on where you’re at in the milk removal process. Can you use the Haakaa when you’re not Nursing? Made from 100% food-grade silicone, the pump is soft, flexible and all one piece - so there’s no wires or tubes to faff around with, leaving your hands free to deal with your baby. The hakka is completely hands free and can be used while nursing your baby at the same time with no issues whatsoever.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment