276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OEX Bush Pro Bivvi Waterproof Breathable Sleeping Bag, Camping Essentials, Camping Gear, Camping Equipment, Festival Essentials, Hiking, Lightweight, Sleeping Bags for Adults

£19.995£39.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the Oex Bush Pro might help me to use a smaller rucksack (which might ideally fit in hand luggage on the plane - otherwise I have an 80-litre Karrimor rucksack). The OEX Bush Pro Bivviprovides waterproof, breathable all-round cover,but packsdowninto a small, light package that you can easily take wherever you go. I've spent a night out with just the bag and it was large enough for me I'm a big lad so you'll easily get a roll mat and some gear inside too. It’s worth talking about the weight first – packing down to only 25 x 10cm, and weighing only 400g in the regular length (450g for the long length), the Backcountry Bivy can fit in a rucksack with ease and is no sweat to carry. I could be wrong as I have never actually been there, but my impression is there will be extended stretches without suitably spaced pairs of trees at all.

On warm nights you can easily sleep under the mesh on its own, giving superb views of the night sky. While pepper spray is effective against bears(in the USA the success rate is high) I'm not sure when you are trying to get some sleep how useful it would be. It uses an excellent grade of waterproof, windproof and breathable top layer material and packs up reasonably small (32cm by 9cm). If the hostel is in an urban centre, it may not have a garden to air the bivvi or small tent outdoors. I am also not clear on the legal restrictions to fastening a hammock to local trees in each of the nine-plus jurisdictions I will be travelling through, how strictly this is enforced, and what the penalties are.If you’re ok with the idea of being fully enclosed in bad weather and having the top of the bivvy close to your face then we think this is a great lightweight option. Whether it is setting up the perfect tent or exploring new trails on my bike, I'm here to help you make the most of your outdoor camping adventures. The bathtub uses a more weighty 70 dernier nylon waterproof floor – this won’t be letting any moisture up from the ground. It is treated with what is known as a Hydrophillic Polyurathane (PU) coating to raise the hydrostatic head to >5000mm. Thread the 8mm pole through a duct in the head section of the bivi, a bit like putting up a dome tent.

Breathable: For extra comfort whilst you rest, the bivvi is breathable to minimize moist building and to help prevent you from getting cold. In our view, the hood system is slightly better in the Highlander Hawk, but with the OEX Bush Pro being substantially cheaper, it’s certainly a close run decision. Because there is more air to warm up inside the Geertop then smaller bivvy bags, make sure you have a decent down sleeping bag if you are planning to use it in winter conditions.

This may horrify the ultralight backpackers amongst us, but really it’s not much heavier than a bag of sugar. The paratec material is soft to the touch and lightweight, meaning the bivvy has a total weight of only 340g. Well put it this way, I have read a bit about ultralight tents over the past two days, and I have decided that I want the flexibility to camp because I don't want to plan out everything in my journey (I don't think of it so much as an expedition as a walk into the beyond). Also if you know any good summary of the best cheap ultralight tents or tarps/bivvis available in the UK (eg if a magazine which reviews them produces an annual roundup of the best ones, or if there is a particularly good reddit thread on the subject) I would be keen to check it out. In that case I think having my head peeping out of the Oex Bush Pro would give me better situational awareness/readiness to use the pepper spray, and in this regard I suppose the Oex Bush Pro would be safer.

The hood area can be zipped up to obtain complete coverage at night, although this does increase the chances of condensation forming inside. Waterproof: Providing protection from the elements and helping to keep you dry in those damp or wet conditions. On a second occasion, I had some heavyish rain but found that I stayed relatively dry overnight with a small amount of condensation on the hood from my breath – nothing to worry about and my sleeping bag was not wet at all. Our technique is to get it all set up with the head section fully unzipped, then undo our boots and literally step out of the boots one at a time onto the top end of the bivvy.Yes if a bear did find me one night and the pepper spray worked I doubt I could sleep anymore that night, I would probably pack up and find the nearest village with a park bench and sleep there instead. I have had it set up in severe gale conditions, and because of the low profile, there was absolutely no chance of it working loose and flying off.

Lightweight: With minimal bulk this Bivvi sleeping bag offers great versatility for a wide variety of outdoor adventures. If the weather takes a sudden turn for the worst, then the Bush Pro Bivvi is a life-support that weight less than half a kilo. Could this introduce any new challenges of safety, giving yourself more to do in an already stressful situation? If a bear did happen to encounter a sleeping person, I'd wager the most likely outcome is that the bear notices the person and goes elsewhere long before the person has much chance of even being woken by the bear, let alone attacked.Also if you aren't intending to go to mountainous regions you could get away with just a bivvy bag as it is summer, but there's always the chance of getting caught in thunderstorms etc. I wish you success in your walk but I think being discovered by a bear at night is likely to more than stressful, potentially closer to terminal. What is the deal with very small tents (or bivvy bags with supporting poles) vs more basic bivvi bags in regards to safety from bears and dogs, including from a situational awareness perspective? I would recommend this or some other UL trekking pole tent (Durston X Mid gets good reviews, but there are many options).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment