276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Korda Carp Fishing - NEW IQ2 Fluorocarbon Line

£4.05£8.10Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The IQ2 Extra Soft Fluorocarbon Hooklink from Kordais the ideal solution for those anglers’ who find the original IQ hookink too stiff for their needs. Whilst a soft IQ hooklink is definitely not the norm, this innovative extra soft variant on a classic does offer up a whole host of additional possibilities when it comes to carp fishing– particularly when you’re fishing with breaking strains on the lighter end of the spectrum or when you’re fishing with smaller hooks and baits. Also, what knots would people advise to use on this material? I have been using a palomar on the IQ2 with no issues You’re pulling far harder than any fishing scenario is going to provide, I wouldn’t worry about it, I tend to jerk pull test them if it’s going to fail then that’s how you’ll know To be honest mate I can destroy anything between 2 pulla type tools😂😂 You really can put some pressure on👍

Step 1: Cut required length of IQ2 fluorocarbon then attach the spinner swivel using a small figure of eight loop. The IQ D-rig is a fabulous rig to use for wary carp, thanks to its inherent stiffness and the superb anti-eject properties that the hookbait mount sliding on the large D arrangement gives. The IQ D-rig is perfect for use with a boilie approach and is best used with one a wafter hook bait, which just sit above the hook when on the lake bed. Materials The XT snag leader is a lovely soft but stiff enough material and is a nice green colour that will go well on the waters I fish (weedy) I reverted to a figure of 8 knot which seems very strong and with a bit of practice you can easily make the loops as small as you need.You can’t be doing it right I don’t think mate. Where are they snapping? Did you crimp loops into them? Step 3: Slide a small piece of shrink tube onto the shank of the hook, attach the hook to the spinner swivel, slide the shrink tube over the swivel and carefully heat with the lighter.

Consumer credit service provided by Klarna. Klarne is licensed by The Office of Fair Trading (Consumer Credit Licence: 0594229). With boom or similar, you need to do a couple of things to get the best out of it, - pre stretch it when first crimped, this does two things takes out all pre stretch that a fish may cause, then blob the tag ends. You won't get stronger than this. This will make it sit better, make it stronger and make sure that it won't slip.

Borrowing more than you can afford or paying late may negatively impact your financial status and ability to obtain credit.

I stopped using IQ2 a few years ago when I started to worry about knot strength. Was ok to start with and then the next three spools bought at different times all caused me concern. Step 5: Tie on your favourite pop up then mould enough putty around the knot of the loop to balance it perfectly. I've been crimping tuff for donkeys years, but then I do a lot of pike fishing. The most common reason for a connection failure is user error. Do it right and it is a very reliable way of forming a connection with various materials. That starts with using the right crimps and crimping tool. I stand corrected,why does it say not to use crimps with fluorocarbon if boom is a fluoro.I have been using boom and crimps and had no issues at all though Curve shank hooks are one of the most used styles of hook in the carp fishing world. The curved design allows for aggressive hook positioning which in turn provides a great hook hold time and time again.I’ve been crimping Korda iq2 in 20lb with no issues. If you can’t pull it apart with 2 pulla tools it will never go when playing a fish. I've never had the crimps go on the boom, and when testing you really do need to pull it unrealistically hard to make anything happen. Just be precise when crimping, making sure the barrel is in the pliers correctly and squeezing down as hard as you can. I use small crimps in the large plier hole.Booms and crimps I Love em! and 15lb version out in spring. I tie a perfect loop knot on either end, a knot I found challenging to tie when first attempted, but worth the effort. I’ve been using 20lb Korda IQ2 over the last 18 months or so on both my ronnie rigs and also as a ‘boom’ section for my Stiff Hinge Rigs. I genuinely really rate the material. I like the fact its fairly supple, how well it straightens under tension and the fact it stays straight too.

A very effective carp catching rig, the Ronnie Rig has taken the carp fishing world by storm in the last couple of years. This rig has become one of the best rigs for catching carp. The Ronnie rig is essentially a low lying pop up rig, the bait sits up just off the lake bed maintaining its aggressive hooking position at all times. Before we show you the steps to tying a ronnie fishing rig, there are a few items you may need to add to your shopping basket to make this amazing rig. What Do I Need To Tie A Ronnie Rig? I use it for combi-rigs to Merlin as a boom section, for mono hooklinks and as the material for D rigs.Have fished last year with only Korda booms and loops no problem at all, not a single snapped, so very satisfied with Korda's booms/loops. korda boom out in couple months. I love the 25lb but can see myself changing to the 15lb. Cannot beat crimping imo. It’s easy to work with and takes a knot well. Palomar will work perfectly. I’ve also got away with crimping the 25lb, but I wouldn’t want to say it’s better than a knot. It straightens out with a pull, is very good on abrasion (was made as a sea fishing leader) and a spool lasts about 5 years!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment