276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Forget Me Not

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ok, this book almost made me throw my iPad. I’m still kind of processing it. I have so many conflicting thoughts about it. So, let’s start with what I liked. The chemistry and steam was well written and started early. Whether it is in a dream world or what appears to be real life, it was done quite well! I found myself blushing at the dirty words more than one. You've been trying not to sleep at night to avoid me," he whispers. "Meanwhile, Eliza, all I want to do is sleep, because that's the only place I can have you." While different, the point of view actually brought me to tears once I realized that Karissa did this on purpose. She knew that writing about two halves of the same star would need something more. Something other. And the fact that we are actually gifted every perspective in an ethereal and romantic way really elevated the entire experience.

See, first person omniscient is a rarity among fiction, but one I genuinely now hope to see more of now having experienced it. The slip into Eliza’s mind and visually accepting those of the other characters was seamless, as if I was staring down into this enormous freight with them all, watching helplessly as Eliza makes her way to Silas. There is a soft trigger warning for emotional infidelity. The FMC is with the MMC in her dreams and thinks he's just a figment of her dreams, so it's complicated. ⁠But as someone who is easily triggered by the cheating trope, this didn't bother me. ⁠⁠ I started reading {Forget Me Not by Karissa Kinword} last night and found the POV really strange. It is written in first person but then the main character (FMC) will start talking about the MMC in a way that is usually used in omniscient. I guess this would be first person omniscient, not something I’ve come across before. It’s not often I read a book and think, “I’ll never be the same” after reading it, but that’s exactly how I feel after finishing Forget Me Not. It is a masterpiece in every sense of the word and I am in awe of the way Karissa’s mind works, not to mention that this is her debut novel. Silas doesn’t love me like all the characters love their counterparts in these books—because it’s more than that. He loves me through them, in pieces, like patchwork on a quilt, a stitch here, a pattern there, never completely sewn together. Like he hasn’t yet read his favorite story, but he’s constantly trying.Imagine having a dream lover and experiencing the most intense and life-altering passion and love in your slumber—and one day this dream lover is no longer a figment of a dream. He is real.

Even if I'd read the last chapter first, if I'd seen the ending before the start, I would have done it all again. Maybe each line would sting a little harder, every word would reach a little sweeter, every miscommunication would hurt so much deeper. But so would all the love. I like the way the concept of soulmates is explored here, it’s romantic as hell. I love the idea of finding the love of your life in your dreams and then it becomes real.

How much would you sacrifice for the one you search for among the stars every night? What would you give to feel the caress of the person whose soul fills the dark space in yours? The one for whom your blood sings for. Roars, screams, and rages for. Again, this author has skills and I will absolutely be willing to read another if I am prepared for what I am getting. The thing about myself and Silas, is that we already know each other. The same way the sea will always know the sand. Existing together in waves, rolling, tumbling, sometimes calm and quiet, others like a rip current. The two of us swirl inside one another perpetually, stir and then settle - maybe we could exist apart, but what is more beautiful than the way the surf and sand refuse to stop kissing each other? I don’t know how I feel about this. I find the main character talking about themselves and then transitioning to talking about how someone else feels about them a little jarring. Why not just use third person omniscient? I was so excited for this book. I heard about it on Booktok and couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. And from the beginning, I was intrigued by the plot. A dystopian/sci-fi setting where she travels around the galaxy with her boyfriend, until the man she dreams about every night, finally meet in person. I had a couple issues with this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment