276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Buckle Toy Buster

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Simon says using Brain Gym activities! The kids don’t even know they are exercising and working their brains! With all the recent holidays, we have been doing a lot of craft activities that require cutting, gluing, coloring. Great to work on fine motor, bilateral coordination, and executive function to follow the directions. Today we are cutting green paper strips and rolling them together to form a Christmas tree.

Buckle Toys - Bubbles Square - Learning Activity Toy Buckle Toys - Bubbles Square - Learning Activity Toy

I like to have students participate in cooking activities to enhance bilateral coordination for functional tasks like holding the bowl while stirring, opening containers, etc. I love to use building toys such as Junior Mechanix or Legos to work on bilateral coordination skills. Cutting, stringing beads and lacing are all great as well Making DIY lacing cards are a fun way to work on bilateral coordination. Making the lacing cards is part of the fun. My favorite bilateral coordination activity is a toy tool kit. The client needs to stabilize with one hand and functionally use the other hand. This is great for handwriting and cutting!

Popular Buckle Toys

There are many bilateral coordination toys on the market as well. Let’s take a look at some toys and games that you can add to your therapy toolbox. I will be integrating arts and crafts activities into my small group sessions as they enjoy using the art supplies I have available because it provides an additional method for expressing thoughts and feelings. The ideas that were presented in the article are ones that I have recently been introduced to and am eager to implement! Stringing and lacing, cutting activities, play doh. Going to try some of the activities others have mentioned!

Toy - Etsy UK Buckles Toy - Etsy UK

Play dough and sensory doughs are fun ways to play while working on skills like bilateral coordination and other motor skills. Using both sides of the body together is a skill needed for many tasks: writing with a pencil with one hand while stabilizing paper with the other hand is one such activity.I love to have students work on bilateral coordination skills to string letter beads to form their name! Lacing is a great bilateral integration skill. Usually, students have not done a lot of it and it is interesting them. Beginning fastener skills are great too. Doing any repetitive activity is usually calming for students. I love using everyday objects to promote bilateral coordination – nuts and bolts, lacing, stringing items, etc Popbeads. They come in so many different sizes now you can use for all ages and stages in development.

Buckle Toys - Belle Turtle - Learning Activity Toy - Develop Buckle Toys - Belle Turtle - Learning Activity Toy - Develop

I like to incorporate arts and craft activities to work on bilateral coordination, lacing paper plates or cutting out things to make something seasonal, stringing things. Playing catch/ ball games. Hitting a baseball bat, stringing beads, lacing, and various other board games- my kids loved jumping monkeys! I love doing gross motor sequences that work on bilateral coordination- hitting a balloon or throwing a ball or using two hands to pull self on the scooter board. I also love doing pop bead people and pop bead animals. My kids and I love playing with dough and catching/throwing balls and ballons with both hands. Also, it is pretty fun stringing beads, macaroni and whatever really fits the string!

We string beads, puzzles and play doh almost daily. The kids really enjoy it and some learned how to use these tools for the first time in class. A bilateral coordination lacing plate is a DIY toy and activity that can be used to work on coordinated use of both hands with a variety of themes. Pegboards (both DIY and store-bought versions), are a fantastic way to work on bilateral coordination in play and in developing visual motor skills and coordination. I do a lot of bilateral work by keeping my fine motor tasks in bags that need to be buttoned and unbuttoned—some small buttons, some bigger.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment