276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bedroom Window: A completely gripping and twisty psychological thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With Neil's health and mobility improved, he has a more positive outlook. He was hired to manage a wealthy couple's gardens and surrounding outdoor property. They will move to an oceanside cottage near his boss's imposing mansion above them. Neil is very excited about landing the job for a generous salary. Lottie is pleased that their son will attend a new school. The Bedroom Window" is a pretty good thriller for the first hour and a half. But, unfortunately, the final half-hour includes plot sequences that seriously detract from the believability of the ending. Heart-pounding thriller that left me on the edge of my seat . I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. Definitely one of the best books this year.’ Netgalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Never in a million years would I have suspected what happened. Unbelievable.’ Netgalley reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This. Book. Is. Amazing. I dropped everything and read it in two sittings. It’s addictive, it’s dark and twisty, it’s deceitful, you think you’ve worked out what’s going on and nope… twisty again… Everyone needs to read this.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ As the authorities become suspicious of Terry, he begins to bond, through shared experience, with Denise, the woman who was assaulted outside his apartment. She later figures out that Sylvia, and not Terry, saw the murder. "The question isn't What am I going to do? It's what are you going to do? And what is she going to do?," she says harshly and angrily, but not at all incorrectly. They both later discover, at least partially, the killer's motives, and agree that the only way to implicate him, and clear Terry, is to trap him and catch him in the act. The strength of the film is that it is character-driven, as opposed to a run-of-the-mill potboiler. Elizabeth McGovern is terrific in the role of Denise, Terry's neighbor, who was one of the victims of the psychopathic Carl. A romantic intrigue develops between Denise and Terry as they hatch a plan to entrap Carl.Because of the inconsistencies in his story and some guilty-seeming behavior, Guttenberg ultimately becomes a suspect in the rash of rape and murder cased, forcing him to prove who the real killer is. Of course, Guttenberg eventually becomes involved with McGoven, even using her as a willing decoy to trap the killer.

Kept me riveted from beginning to end. Ms Slater is an automatic read for me, and I just devoured this latest in a desperate bid to slot all of the diabolical pieces into place… This is K.L. Slater at her finest, crafting a sinister tale that is tantalizing with red herrings. I loved every word.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ An utterly gripping psychological thriller from the number one bestselling author of The Marriage and The Girlfriend . If you like Gone Girl, The Housemaid and Lisa Jewell then you will be hooked by The Bedroom Window . The Williamses are living a lie and I know exactly what that might be. I think this couple, who have told everyone they live alone, are hiding something. Someone.”

And if I try to save that little helpless figure in the window, will I do what I’ve always feared most, and put my beautiful boy’s life in danger…? What I Thought

The Bedroom Window is an exciting book with lots of suspense and twists that you wont know what's coming next and brilliant characters that you'll grow to love or hate and many things you just won't see coming. I did not understand the motive of the supposidely "villians in the story",Why they had to change physically? did not know why Mary behaved this drastically, did not get why they demolished a perfectly built house suitable to hide a secret to build a glass see through house!!

Advance Praise

Lottie soon gets annoyed that she is never invited to the manor. What are the owners hiding? Albie spends a lot of time up there, with them.

I thought I'd learned my lesson about trusting the wrong people, but now I'm forced to wonder what this perfect couple are hiding. stars. I had difficulty in deciding how to rate this book. I expected that this would be the type of book I would enjoy based on its plot description and the author's writing. On the positive side, it had an ominous, unsettling atmosphere of foreboding, intrigue, and dread. It was well-paced, with short chapters, and I was glued to my seat until the conclusion. (3 stars). On the negative side, I thought most of the characters were unlikeable, the plot preposterous, and the outcome absurd. I rarely anticipate twists but figured out the mystery of what was hidden in the ultra-modern mansion on the hill. There were a couple of plot holes left unanswered. (2 stars). Nevertheless, this was a gripping read. The biggest mystery I think that went unanswered was what was Neil really doing with Neeta all those times? And the untoward attention they displayed towards Albie? What was that in aid of? And why was it not followed up? Lottie was ready to tear strips off Neeta. For this, I've dropped half a star. Lottie and Neil move to the coast with their young son, Albie. Neil has just recovered from an accident that should have left him without the ability to work. But he made it happen. Now he takes the position of head landscaper for a rich couple.

Customer reviews

ISABELLE HUPPERT has a little trouble getting her lines across with her French accent being quite a handicap but she's beautiful to look at. ELIZABETH McGOVERN does a nice job as Guttenberg's partner in finding the real killer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment