276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fractal Design Torrent Nano Black - Dark tint tempered glass side panels - Open grille for maximum air intake - 180mm PWM fan included - Type C - mITX Airflow Mini Tower PC Gaming Case

£59.995£119.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My GPU is 285mm long. In this modified configuration, there is about 1.5" (38mm) of space between the end of the GPU and the fans. For reference, the RTX 3080 Ti FE is 285mm long. The EVGA RTX 3090 Ti XC3 Gaming ULTRA is 300mm long, so that will easily fit in the case in this configuration as well. I ran this configuration for the first 3 months and overall got very good performance. My CPU temps were 29 - 32 C at idle, 45 C during gaming, and peaked at 70 C during 1-hr Cinebench R23 runs. My GPU ran very hot and was thermally throttling while playing games and benchmarking. I decided to undervolt to 950 mV at 1980 MHz. This reduced my CPU temps to 60 - 65 C during gaming, and it peaked at 68 C during about 30 minutes of Unigine Superposition runs. My CPU temps were immediately worse due to less cooling. Idle temps increased to 32 - 35 C, gaming increased to 50 C, and standalone Cinebench R23 runs increased to 74 - 75 C after running the benchmarks for an hour. In my opinion, the best feature of this case is the cable management. The primary cable management channel with three dedicated lanes, a bottom lane, and another lane on the right made this case a pleasure to work with. Even with an additional SSD and my Lian Li fan controller installed, cable management is super clean. Other case manufacturers could learn a thing or two from how this case is designed.

However, no RGB controller or hub is present, so you will be relying on the A-RGB ports of your motherboard. This isn’t an issue if you opt for any other version of the Torrent than we’re testing today, but if you want this RGB variant, do make sure you have two A-RGB ports on your mainboard. A sturdy, vibration-damped drive tray supporting a single HDD or dual SSDs with two optional mounting positions My GPU is 285mm long. In the default configuration, the GPU will just barely fit underneath the fan, so it can accommodate a longer GPU. For reference, the RTX 3080 Ti FE is 285mm long. The EVGA RTX 3090 Ti XC3 Gaming ULTRA is 300mm long, so that will easily fit in the case in this configuration as well. We review the Fractal Design Torrent Nano in a white finish, a silent PC housing for small form factor motherboards. For this Mini-ITX ready chassis can you'll be surprised about storage, style, USB 3.x options. Next to that, it's rather an airflow-friendly, tiny, and nice-looking Mini-ITX chassis. Fractal Design's new Torrent Nano is an interesting case that does a decent job of cutting the original Torrent down to size. The end result is a small case that is supplied with a single 180mm fan and which supports Mini-ITX/Mini-DTX with full sized hardware in the other departments.

TLDR: Intel i7 12700 paired with an EVGA RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 Gaming ULTRA, 750 W PSU, 32 GB 3600/18 memory. My second issue is that, given space constraints, you can't install a modern GPU and bottom case fans. Technically you might be able to install extremely slim fans, but there will be 1 or 2 mm clearance between your GPU's fans and the case fans. Your GPU might even be sitting directly on top of the fans. Those slim fans don't really do a great job cooling, and the close proximity of the fans to the GPU won't necessarily improve thermals.

Adding storage devices is similarly easy. The Torrent Nano has two 2.5-inch drive mounts that reside behind the motherboard mounting tray. There's also a drive mount next to where the PSU goes on the top of the case, which can accommodate either a 2.5-inch or a 3.5-inch drive. The Torrent series of high-performance PC cases is built entirely around the purpose of providing the most amount of airflow possible right out of the box while supporting high-end hardware that requires particularly big cooling systems, according to the manufacturer. The open component layout, which includes a top-mounted power supply compartment and Mini-ITX/DTX support, a large open front grille and bottom intakes, and, probably most importantly, a 180 x 38 mm Dynamic X2 PWM or Prisma ARGB PWM fan are some of the outstanding features. You can find the full statement from Fractal here , including support links and guides to disconnecting the hub. The original review follows below. I also have one more comment - I don't see how you would (easily) fit a front-mounted 240mm AIO in this case without a lot of planning. Obviously it fits because Fractal says it fits. If you want to go this route (which I wouldn't recommend, this case is designed for airflow), you should install the AIO before you install any other components. Also, you can only fit a bottom-mounted AIO (which you shouldn't do) if you don't install a graphics card. I then ran Cinebench R23 and Unigine Superposition in parallel. As expected, CPU temps increased (averaged 80 C, peaked at 82 C). This is because the GPU is exhausting slightly warm air to the CPU. As expected, my GPU temps remained the same as the standalone benchmark.It helps the customer to reduce costs as you don't have to hunt around for a specific low profile CPU cooler or a short SFX power supply and pretty much the only concession you have to make is the form factor of the motherboard. I've been using the Fractal Torrent Nano for the past 3-4 months with hundreds of hours of gaming and tens of hours of benchmarking. Now that I've seen its strengths and weaknesses (versus receiving the case and immediately publishing a YT review), here are my thoughts and recommendations. Removable top bezel and routing clips with velcro ties make for easy installation and cable management Building a system inside the Torrent Nano is somewhat different than you'd expect from a modern PC case. That's not unusual for a Mini-ITX case, but while many Mini-ITX chassis tend to be challenging builds due to their compact design, the Torrent Nano is delightfully easy to work in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment