276°
Posted 20 hours ago

There and Back: Photographs from the Edge

£19£38.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dill executive produced Concordia's first feature, "Kailash," which won the Grand Jury Prize for Documentary Filmmaking at 2018's Sundance Film Festival. My favourite is one that was given to me on a National Geographic trek across the Changtang Plateau in Tibet. I’m a photographer myself, and his mastery of the craft while hanging on mountains, often in freezing weather blows me away. Chin is a well-known American professional mountain athlete, photographer, film director, and author. Neither of us was a practicing Buddhist, but when you spend two months staring up at the 9,000-foot north face of Everest, praying for safe passage doesn’t seem unreasonable.

They were prompt in their responses, and were incredibly helpful with all of my questions and concerns. Honnold has been profiled by "60 Minutes" and The New York Times, been featured on the cover of National Geographic, appeared in international television commercials and starred in numerous adventure films, including the Emmy-nominated "Alone on the Wall. Jason survived the transition from free-heel kool-aid drinker to faster and lighter (think AT), and safer, are better.

My mom would say, 'The Chinese language is 5,000 years old, and we don't even have a word for what you do. Eventually, they immigrated to the flatlands of Mankato, Minnesota, where they built a life working as librarians.

AAE Speakers Bureau is a full-service speaker booking agency, meaning we can completely manage the speaker’s or celebrity’s engagement with your organization from the time of booking your speaker through the event’s completion. And I’m interested in the idea of a large-scale carbon-capture machine to convert carbon emissions into something usable to counter climate change.Their next film, "Free Solo," about their friend, Alex Honnold's climbing of Yosemite's El Capitan without the use of ropes, won them an Oscar. They jump into these dark, muddy caves, they've really put their lives on the line to do the right thing. Founded in 2017 by Laurene Powell Jobs and Davis Guggenheim, the company develops, produces and finances nonfiction stories about important issues of our time. Borrowing the strategy of Jean Troillet and Erhard Loretan, who had scale the north face alpine style in 1986, Stephen and I intended to hyperacclimate to 23,000 feet, and then go for it in the small window between the monsoon and post-monsoon seasons, when the face would be caked with snow and the jet stream winds would be manageable. This lifetime retrospective of a legendary adventure athlete and adventure photographer showcases some of the craziest photographs of climbing and skiing ever taken.

Getting published in National Geographic helped Chin’s parents understand and see the value of their son’s non-traditional path. In August 2003, we recruited Kami Sherpa and Lakpa Sherpa to join us and our friend Eric Henderson to manage base camp. They went to Pakistan’s Karakoram mountains and established a first ascent on a granite spire named Fathi Brakk in the Charakusa Valley.

Along the way, Chin shares behind-the-scenes details about how he captured suchastoundingimages in impossible conditions, and tells the stories ofthe legendary adventurers and remarkable athletes he has photographed, including Alex Honnold, the star of his Academy Award–winning documentary film Free Solo;ski mountaineer Kit DesLauriers; snowboarder Travis Rice; and mountaineers Conrad Anker and Yvon Chouinard. Jimmy Chin generally travels from Jackson, WY, USA and can be booked for (private) corporate events, personal appearances, keynote speeches, or other performances. A few pictures documenting the prep work involved for the climbs and the photo shooting would have been a nice addition. Anker describes the moment Chin took on the summit of Ulvetanna to remember his father as “touching. Jimmy works hard and has a natural eye for the camera,” says Brady Robinson, the executive director of the Access Fund and one of Chin’s earliest climbing partners.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment