276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rubie's Official Doctor Who Cyberman, Adult Costume - Standard Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst the Mondasian Cybermen have an edge over their Tenth Planet rivals with increased agility and manoeuvrability, the original power and bulk will be an effective counter. Original material from the early days of this cult science fiction show is incredibly rare with only a handful of significant pieces remaining today and this represents a desirable blue chip artefact from this classic Patrick Troughton serial. Once the balls were appropriately silvered, I put on the coveralls and marked the spots where I wanted to attach each ball. Like the joint coils, these need to be applied first before measuring out the tubing to help know what's going where. My only issues that could be four would be the fragility of the 4 struts of the black end cap on the DIY version (which is an easy fix with glue and a steady hand) and perhaps the round part of the lower emitter cannot slide inside the collar of the body (but like I said very minor nitpicks.

Then I placed all three on thick cardboard and glued them together using 3M Super77 spray adhesive and more glue gun - both at the side seams and onto the cardboard to be the base. An original Cyberman helmet used on screen in the long running science fiction television series Doctor Who. I left the round opening above the forehead exactly the right size to accept the concave chrome-finished reflector from the inside of a cheap flashlight. The back section was riveted on over the thin leather piece we crafted as the belt joint/velcro connector to make it look more uniform and hide the join. This style of chest can also be seen used in Wheel in Space (1968) turned upside down and furthermore at least two were subsequently modified for use in the 1975 Tom Baker serial Revenge of the Cybermen.The BBC Cyber-Belt looks like it's pretty wide or thin depending on the Cyberman you're looking at and it's got sectional hexagonal look to it. A side note on the velcro- I bouht probably about 40 feet of velcro from Home Depot and extra from Osh- the industrial strength kind in grey- and when I couldn't find grey I bought black.

LittleBigPlanet”, “LittleBigPlanet logo”, “Sackboy” and “Sackgirl” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. You can use whatever process you find easiest when it comes to building the infrastructure of the mask, but keep in mind that you want the finished product to be as symmetrical as possible. I took out the ice cube sectionals and stuffed them both with newspaper and leveled it off with thin cardboard. I refolded any loose hanging metal underneath- (pretty easily moldable aluminum here) and then used duct tape on the underside to smooth out those rough edges to avoid chaffing. Here's what I did to build up the Cyber Chrome Handle-Headed 1970's goodness over the course of 2007 and 2008.You know, I really miss those special interviews PBS used to air (even though I hated the repeated begging for money, which they really did need to keep their stations running; and yes, the wife and I used to pledge to help them with what little we could spare). I also epoxied on a couple of lengths of wire on the skull area, and added black plastic tubing around the flange. Designed after the Doctor's persistent cyborg enemies, this printed hoodie features the Cybermen's recognizable armor plating and iconic features. Thanks to my good friend Alexi, a new one was crafted out of L-200 foam, using insulating 1" diameter tubes for the edges (which were cut in half and barge glued over the top/bottom for the trim) and put over the old belt to secure it back onto the suit.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment