276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hope to Die

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

in my paperback), there's a description of Fawley and Gis watching Gis's son throw bread to the ducks. They changed their name and moved to Oxford seventeen years ago after their daughter Camilla was convicted on circumstantial evidence of killing her baby. In the acknowledgements, Hunter notes that Camilla’s history of multiple unplanned and secret pregnancies, resulting in two babies given up for adoption in addition to the missing baby, is based on the case of Australian Keli Lane. The multimedia is superbly realised as ever and just shows the author’s continued ability to captivate.

And, what does it have to do with a shocking, sensational crime from the late 90’s, that’s recently been turned into a Netflix’s documentary series? Like every book in the series, this was a wild joyride from start to finish, and the fact that this is based on a true crime is mind-blowing, guess I've got some more true-crime docs. And yes, this is based on a true story, but since other creative liberties were taken, I think it would've been worth it to make the motive a bit clearer.

There is adequate information in the official synopsis to get you started, so you don't need any potential spoilers from me to detract from the pleasure of uncovering the story for yourself. I love these characters so it’s a delight to be back in Oxford especially now that Adam and his wife Alex have the joy of baby Lily Rose; these cases are always just the right blend of police investigation and the personal. Lastly, the covers are still awful - mass market, crime fiction trashy artwork, please could we have some original artwork? It not only serves as a handy reminder for anyone already familiar with the series, but it means that any new readers can happily pick up "Hope to Die" and enjoy it as a standalone without being disadvantaged.

As the team dig deeper they soon discover that this was far from a burglary gone wrong and may have connections to one of the country’s most infamous crimes. However, this book featured more characters than narrators and at times, it was momentarily difficult to discern who was saying what. He has a dependable team who work hard to identify the mystery ‘burglar’ and his link to the Swanns.Considerei o mistério inicial muito interessante, a temática central sempre atual, a protagonista detestável, todos os detalhes da personalidade bem construídos, no entanto, esperava um desfecho mais inesperado. At first DI Adam Fawley’s team is pretty stumped, there is not much to go on but gradually through a lot of hard graft they learn that the couple had changed their names some years ago. When a body is found in a farmhouse in a gruesome state, DI Adam Fawley is one of the first on the scene. As always, the police investigation feels credible and realistic – the steps and breakthroughs are logical and clear so there’s no suspension of disbelief required.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment