276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HOZELOCK - Auto Reel Wall-mounted 40m: Easy to Install, Child-lock, Auto-rewind, Ready-to-use with Nozzle, Fittings, Hozelock Hose and Accessories Included 5 Year Guarantee* [2595R8000]

£14.99£29.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The quality hose pipe is a three-layer, anti-kink hose that comes with a spraying nozzle. It has a variety of adjustable spray settings, making it easy to change between jobs If you’re thinking about buying an automatic hose reel, here are a few tips to help you find the right hose and reel. One of the most important things is the quality of the housing of your hose reel like the GARDENA Wall-Mounted Hose Box 35 roll-up automatic: Swiveling hose reel which is really well built and designed to put up with a real beating from both weather and rough use alike. You want one to be able to protect the contents from weather conditions, particularly UV, which can damage your hose as well as the case itself not fading – from many years of personal testing and ownership I can tell you the Garden is good quality plastic. Here’s a look at the more budget HAUSHOF casing which looks right up to the job from the time I’ve had it: HAUSHOF Hose Reel, Wall Mounted Retractable Garden Hose Reel – casing works great – rigid and strong Hose length and your garden setup The Umi Auto Rewind Garden Hose Reel comes from a lesser known brand, yet it’s a reliable hose with a surprising number of attachments included for such a budget-friendly item.

The auto-reeling mechanism on the Gardena is by far the smoothest we tested, however you have to make sure you pull it slowly and it does take a little strength to do so at first. When the garden hose retracts, it actually has quite a bit of pull which speaks volumes about the quality of the spring, and it almost caught me off guard the first time. One further thing to note: the feeder hose provided, to connect the reel unit to the tap, is a little short – measuring only around 2 m instead of the advertised 3 m. Just something to bear in mind whilst considering where to place your garden reel. You might be torn between hose reels or expandable hoses – both options are space-saving ways to get a longer hose in the garden. Seeing as these garden hoses should be stored away in winter to prevent damage from freezing, a lighter unit like this may appeal to some, making the notion of the bi-annual job a bit less daunting. I’ve just moved to my new house last year and what an opportunity for me to test and bring you the new best automatic garden hose reel. I’m sorting a lawn from scratch – nothing fancy as I plan to do something with a structure on the area later this year or next, but an automatic garden hose reel is an absolute must if you want to keep the garden tidy whilst watering your grass seed every day. Naturally I am using it in conjunction with my favourite water sprinkler. I have to say it was extremely easy to setup and install – the components are so straight forward you don’t even need the instructions but there were a few pitfalls on testing and I came up with a much better idea than joining two GARDENA reels to save money this time. Here’s a look at my favourite automatic garden hose reel in action: My personally tested HAUSHOF Hose Reel, Wall Mounted Retractable Garden Hose ReelGarden Glory’s colourful range of garden equipment includes hose kits, spray guns, nozzles and hose holders in sophisticated shades such as rose, sand, eucalyptus green, gold and white lotus, with bronze-trimmed tap fittings that add to the luxurious feel. It comes with both a spray nozzle and spray gun, leaving you with plenty of options. Whether you’re washing the car, watering the plants, or even cleaning your dog, there’s a spray setting for the job. In fact, there are 9 to choose from, including flat, centre, cone, full, fog and jet. This 12.5mm diameter hose comes in a 21.5m length, so you can cut a 1.5m feeder hose yourself to connect to the tap. The instructions are basic, so I found it a little fiddly to put together at first, but with a little common sense I was able to water my garden effectively. As it’s 20m long, it didn’t quite reach all the areas I would have liked in my 30m-long garden, but it does offer a good variable spray gun with seven modes that gave me flexibility to water the bushy wisteria and the more delicate roses.

This hose pipe set comes ready made, so it was a simple matter of getting it out of the box and connecting it to the tap to start watering. With its aqua, orange and grey finish, it has Gardena’s signature styling and the parts feel well built and premium. You want a hose that will reach the end of your garden without stretching. However, you also don’t want to spend extra money on a hose which is much longer than you need. Measure your garden to find out what length of hose will best suit your needs. This is one of the cheapest reels on the list, and as a result it may not be quite as smooth in operation as some of the more expensive models. However, arguably the generous length of hose makes for an acceptable compromise. The hose can sometimes require a bit of persuasion to unravel, and to avoid damaging the unit or surrounding objects the hose should be walked in carefully.There are two types of people in this world – those that complain about rain and those that jump for joy because it’s good for the garden. If keeping your lawn lush during a dry spell is your top priority, one of the best garden hoses for 2023 will see you in good stead ( hose pipe bans allowing, of course). Harry has real-world tested 46 products for DIY Garden, and is one of our more experienced testers. The expandable hose has a triple latex core with a polyester outer layer that is built to withstand continuous water pressure without leaking or tearing. As I only used it for a month in my garden, it’s hard to say whether it will stand the test of time, but the design felt well-made and comes with attractive gold alloy adapters. How can you be this confident ahead of time you might ask? The answers pretty simple. The hose is practically bullet proof. The swivel mechanism feels and looks industrial. The automatic return system also feels bullet proof. If you’re like me and want a product to last, then I feel this is the one to watch. Granted, there is the upfront cost.

A hose stopper will prevent the hose from being pulled all the way into the casing, which can be a major pain. They are often shaped like a ball that the hose runs through but there are other designs.
Hose guides are there to help the hose reel in and out smoothly and to wind around the reel without getting tangled up. Of course this is very important if you don’t want to spend half your day trying to sort out a mangled mess of hose inside a box. Automatic hose reels and a game changer for pressure washers in the garden and home If you don’t want your hose to kink, store it correctly as opposed to in a messy heap that encourages knots. Or invest in an auto reel to help it wind up neatly. ‘Store your hose in wide coils/loose circles or, if possible, in a long straight line,’ says Camilla, ‘and empty water from an un-used hose after use as any stagnant water will make the hose more rigid and encourage bacteria.’It’s a question I get asked often,’ says Camilla Basset-Smith, television horticulturalist on ITV’S Love Your Garden and RHS Plant Committee Member. ‘A 13mm or 15mm diameter bare hose is fine for filling a pond or watering large pots or trees in the ground, and a thumb over the end can vary the pressure/spray.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment