276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Marlow Murder Club: The first novel in a gripping new cosy crime and mystery series from the creator of the hit TV series Death in Paradise (The Marlow Murder Club Mysteries, Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Judith figures that Danny has wanted Liz dead for ages because she didn’t want to sell her family’s land, which is worth millions. Danny killed Stefan. And even though he is standing in her living room pointing a gun at her he keeps acting confused and denying that he and the other 2 guys were part of a murder plot. She was entirely happy with her life-enjoying a job as a crossword compiler, and grateful that she didn’t have to share her life with a man who would be asking where she was going every time she left the house, or what’s for dinner every night. She didn’t have to listen to one moan about the money she spent, or how much whiskey she was drinking in the evening as she assembled her jigsaw puzzles. Yes, life was good!

Unfortunately, despite the many positives it doesn't entirely hold my attention and my mind wanders! The ending kind of had to be but by the same token it's a bit bonkers! Strong women are at this story’s center and the trio of wannabe detectives ultimately develop an unlikely but abiding friendship. Keeping up with the minds and instincts of these women is fun and entertaining escapism. There are plenty of suspects to consider and audiences will relish solving the addictive puzzle of whois the killer? Thank you so much to the publisher, Poisoned Pen Press, for providing me with a copy to read and review.It was almost a religious experience for her, accepting the cold water onto her skin, and she exhaled with a whoosh as she leant forward into the embrace of the river. Suddenly she was weightless, supported by the water that felt like silk to her body. They head to the solicitor’s office and make up a story to get info out of him. They don’t get much out of him but he seems cagey. They think he has shredded some documents.

June 5, 2023) MASTERPIECE and UKTV announce the co-commissioning of the TV adaptation of Robert Thorogood’s novel The Marlow Murder Club. From the creator of global hit Death in Paradise, and the producers of award-winning show Ghosts, the series will star Samantha Bond who is joined by Jo Martin, Cara Horgan and Natalie Dew. Airing in four parts on MASTERPIECE in the US, the series is a UKTV co-production with MASTERPIECE on PBS, produced by Monumental Television in association with ITV Studios.The series creator and lead writer shares his inspiration for new BBC One drama Death in Paradise". BBC Media Centre. On one particular evening, as Judith is quietly swimming and enjoying the beauty of nature surrounding her, she hears a gunshot and sounds of distress come from her neighbor's property across the river.

Emma Ayech, channel director for Drama, added: “It’s an incredibly exciting time for Drama, as we start commissioning UKTV Originals for the channel. Whether you’re a fan of the book or new to the adventures of the wonderful Judith Potts, our viewers are in for a real treat.” Surprise! The room is full of newspapers. She has collected every newspaper and pamphlet and periodical and apparently anything else made of paper since her husband died a million years ago. Judith is a 77-year old…a septuagenarian (please don’t ever ask me to pronounce that) who likes to relax in the evening by drinking scotch and swimming naked in the Thames River. On top of that, she also creates crossword puzzles for the newspaper. On top of THAT, it turns out she also may be good at solving crimes. I still don't know how to exactly classify these types of books. They're cozy-ish but don't quite feel like they should be categorized as such. But they also feel more specific than "mystery". They're a particular thing and I feel like there should be a simple thing to say when referring to them or looking for other books like them. I'll keep thinking about it while I read more.I really enjoyed this book! I like the writing style as well as the premise. The main character was hilarious.

The charming town is known as a fashionable place to live and has attracted famous people for over a century. The Marlow Murder Club author and screenwriter Robert Thorogood is a local. He’s tweeted, “I really hope the TV show can do the town proud.” Murder visits the quiet riverside town of Marlow and, as the crime involves her neighbor, retired archaeologist Judith Potts (Samantha Bond) is compelled to solve the whodunnit. As Potts uncovers a series of clues—and sidesteps red herrings—she comes to rely on the help of two other local women; the respective strengths of all three might just possibly bring a killer to justice. In fact, the local police detective sergeant eventually consents to using the amateurs as consultants. No word yet regarding who will play our real life postman Fred Smith, who appears in the book. George Clooney and Brad Pitt have not yet responded to our requests to either confirm or deny their involvement… 😉 Jo Martin, Cara Hogan and Natalie Dew

The Marlow Murder Club is a charming murder mystery from the pen of Robert Thorogood. Beginning with the death of Stefan Dunwoody witnessed by Julia Potts, taking an evening dip in the Thames. Although the local police are looking into the murder, Detective Sergeant Tanika Malik, temporarily in charge, has no experience of this kind of investigation. As a result, Julia takes it upon herself to begin examining the death of her neighbour. Why? Because her Doberman Pinscher drags her to shore like a dolphin. Oh, and the dog also somehow understands her and goes to save Juith when she gets to the other side.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment