276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yamato Golf Wedge Set or Individual Golf Wedges 50/52/54/56/58/60 Golf Gap Wedge Sets Sand Wedge|Lob Wedge Golf Clubs for Men & Women Milled Face for High Spin - Great Golf Gift

£43.51£87.02Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you do a "Pelz Grid", essentially about four tempo-driven swing lengths, and 4 wedge options, you get a consistent distance grid of 16 yardages, and 11-13 won't overlap. This gives you a pretty good set of choices from 125 and in. Any one use 48 54 58 wedges? People with 52 in their bag How often do you hit a full 52 or even use 52 im a 6 handicap and make enough mediocre swings that my set gap wedge makes for sense for me... I can still hit the low arc spinner with it, and around the greens I don’t want the added spin from a specialty wedge with it. Titleist Vokey SM8 wedges took the next innovative leap forward – Featuring a centre of gravity that is pushed forward from the face, through the use of high-density tungsten, producing a more consistent, pure strike that helps you hit your target more often. I have a Mizuno JPX919 Tour PW, which has a 46* loft. I plan on adding 3 more wedges to complete my set. My handicap is 8. I understand that the ideal gapping in my scenario would be 50;54;58 but I know many pros out there gap it 52;56;60 with a similar PW loft.

Golf Wedges | Black Friday at Golf Galaxy Golf Wedges | Black Friday at Golf Galaxy

In addition to the loft angle, other factors to consider when choosing a wedge include the bounce angle, the grind, and the shaft material. The bounce angle refers to the angle between the leading edge of the clubface and the sole of the club, and can greatly affect how the club interacts with the ground. The grind refers to the shape of the sole of the club, which can also impact how the club interacts with the turf. The shaft material can affect the weight and feel of the club, and may be made of steel, graphite, or other materials. wedge 12* bounce has a fairly narrow sole used for full swing 100 yard shots and also lower pitch shots and some chip shots depending on lie. I think people tend to be too focused on the lofts being precise spacing and over look the important aspect, gapping. IMO the best way to go about this is on a launch monitor, it'll take 30 minutes or so.Only a real life test will tell you what lofts you should play to get even gaps all the way, and if the ones you buy dont deliver the carry as expected, we can always tweak lofts so they do. Wedge setups are really personal, I think you really just have to experiment to find out what works for your game and the courses you play, Then, stop experimenting and dial.in your distances with that setup. Mainly, focus on finding wedges to hit the shots you need to hit, not on making ideal loft or yardage gaps. I play my wedges based on the yardage not the degree's on the heads. I had a 45-50-56-60 setup and the gaps were too close together . I found the 45-50-54-58 was a lot more consistent in gapping also found that the 60* even though its only two degrees from the 58 was not as confidence inspiring as the 58. The 58 to me almost feels like a higher flying sand wedge if that makes sense.

Wedge Set / 50, 54, 58 Degree / Vokey Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedge Set / 50, 54, 58 Degree / Vokey

So my PW is 46, for me I played around with shafts, bounce and head shape. What I ended up doing was a 50* gap wedge, 55* SW and a 60* LW. The reasons for this were....

Its many reasons, first of all that many play a PW with higher loft than 46* (47* and 48 is common on the tour) I used to just play a 46* PW and my next club was a 56* SW, which left me with the awkward decision to chip a PW or hammer a SW pretty often. I also really like the 50 / 54 / 58 setup... I can manipulate the 58 to hit a flop shot, but prefer the slightly lower loft for more full

Wedges | Golf Wedges | Golfbidder Titleist Wedges | Golf Wedges | Golfbidder

It's a good idea to start with your pitching wedge loft and work up from there. If you are noticing a yardage gap between clubs, you could look at your wedge lofts or it could be a technique issue. Either way, see a PGA pro for advice. Dont take what im writing to be "correct or the facts", ive been wrong more that once......this time i forgot to mention that Wedges often has a higher center of gravity than irons = lower launch and longer distance if loft was the same, (so its more than the shaft i mentioned), and thats also a reason for why we often see a larger LOFT GAP from the PW to the GW, and then they fall into a more even pattern again.... Bag:Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Wedge gapping is always a bit confusing to many players. I recently threw out my 52 Vokey and added an AP2 Wedge that is 50 degrees. That wedge can be opened to play as a 52 and I follow it with a 56 Vokey and a 60 Vokey.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment