276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Consider Me (Playing For Keeps Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall, I liked the premise of the story but there were just a lot of things about this book that really bothered me. My favorite parts were when they were all together as a friend group because they are an incredibly funny group think but since it’s a romance novel, that shouldn’t have been my favorite. I liked Adam & Rosie but Garrett & Jennie have my heart in this series. On one hand I really liked it. I LOVEDDDD Gare-Bear and his shy, awkward side was AMAZING. I loved the friendships and overall found family sort of vibe. I loved the dynamic and fluff.

There is literally no conflict here besides her being a selfish , immature child. She wants everything to be perfect and to be exactly how she wants it and only then can she be satisfied. Life doesn’t work that way. You didn’t throw my whole world off balance. You centered it. It was like you were my gravity, and every moment I was with you, everything settled into place. My fears, my insecurities, my hopes, and my dreams. I was at peace with everything, as long as you were by my side.” The problem I have with this is that in the single parent trope, these situations don't feel genuine like a typical drama involving OM/OW would. They come across as nothing more than a plot device to establish the main character's superiority by demeaning the secondary character. As a reader, I didn't feel like the ex was written with the intention of creating a genuine third-party conflict (although I'm not a big fan of those either), but rather to show how good of a dad, boyfriend, lover the main character is and how much better he is than the actual father. This is one of those books where you just get to hang out with the characters for a very long time… so if you like and connect with them, then you’re good - and since I loved both Jennie and Garrett… I had a good time reading this. Rosie gives me all of her–her heartache, her laughter, and her son. But me? I’m holding on a little too tightly to the pieces I’m scared to give up, the pieces she might not like.

I was thinking you could help me ask your mama to be my girlfriend,” Adam murmurs to Connor, and my heart stops. “What do you think about that, little trouble? Would it be okay with you if I was Mama’s boyfriend?” stars. I loved the first book, it had its issues, but I loved it just the same unfortunately this book missed the mark for me. Maybe, but a year ago I would’ve never expected him to be sitting here playing the audio of his unborn baby’s heartbeat on repeat.

Garrett? On the top 5 book boyfriends list. Jennie? One of my favorite FMCs of all time. Garrett & Jennie? Absolute SOUL MATES.First of all, it's too long! It's so repetitive I had to do major skimming just to get through it. But the first one was also too long but I still loved bc I loved the characters, this one not so much. This actually broke my heart a little, but I love how good Rosie is with Adam, and I love how good Adam is with Rosie.

An archery romance might be cool but I have zero interest in a novel-length romance focused on long-distance swimming (and swimming was my favorite sport when I was a kid!) or nordic combined. I barely remember what nordic combined is, LOL. However if it was an anthology of short stories or novellas and the author(s) were good, I would read them. Doc said his heart’s beating at a hundred-and-sixty-two beats per minute. Faster than the rest already.” Jennie is everything I wish I was. She’s bold, confident & speaks her mind for the most part. Girl KNOWS her worth. She’s a fantastic dancer & everyone knows it. I absolutely adored her, it’s not often I can connect with a FMC in a book, but it was so easy for me with Jennie.

Table of Contents

Don’t get me wrong, I like the emotional turmoil and the angst that comes from a hard life (like Rosie’s) but I just don’t like how she constantly acts like she’s the most unfortunate person on earth. Get a grip. Life’s a bitch to many people. She sometimes acted like she was the only one to have had a hard time and an emotionally traumatic experience. She isn’t, and she needed to stop with the self pity. This is book #3 in the Playing For Keeps Series following Adam & Rosie. We have met Adam in the other books of this series, he is the star goalie for the Vancouver Vipers NHL team. After being cheated on by the woman he was going to propose to, Adam is tired of dating & is ready to find his person. Well one day while out on a hike with his dog, Bear, they run into Rosie — a single mom in school to become a veterinarian. They really hit it off & end up having more in common than they think.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment