276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sim Free Alba Mobile Phone - Black.

£12.495£24.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Design News". Design News. 19 December 2007. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011 . Retrieved 19 July 2018. There is a subsidiary of "Hitachi" that makes cheaper brands for Argos. There are even cheaper exclusive to Argos Hitachi products. I would say that this subsidiary of Hitachi also makes the Bush and Alba products. I come to this conclusion because I bought a Hitachi TV for the living room from Argos and a month later I bought a Bush TV for my bedroom from Argos. Both were identical when it came to remote controls, On Screen Display and EPG layout.

Cheap brands like them used to be ok but as I have said have been slowly going downhill in the last few years and I would not buy them anymore. I did have a few Bush as well as Goodmans stuff years ago but if I had to go for things now it would be Samgung, LG or some other brand that's a little dearer than the cheaper brand stuff that's mostly made by the same company. Established in 1917, Alba acquired its rival Bush in 1988, and was bought by the Home Retail Group, the parent company of the retailer Argos in 2008, who in turn was taken over by J Sainsbury plc in 2016. [1] Products bearing the brand name were primarily sold at Argos, and to a lesser extent at Sainsbury's. The Alba brand was quietly dropped by Sainsbury's in 2022 and replaced by its more upmarket sister brand Bush, which has a similar history. [1] [2] History [ edit ] Original A.J. Balcombe / Alba company [ edit ] a b c d Martin Pratt. "Should you buy a Bush, JVC, Logik or Technika TV?". Which . Retrieved 17 May 2020. Alba went into receivership in June 1982. [5] During that time, it was a significant contributor to the development of the British radio & TV industry. a b "Never mind the badge on the front - who REALLY made your TV set?". The Yorkshire Post. 5 September 2016.

Are you human?

The name Alba originated as a trademark used on radio and television produced by A.J. Balcombe Ltd. The company was formed in 1917 or 1918 by Alfred Balcombe. Alba began by manufacturing radio sets from 1922. In September 2016, the supermarket chain Sainsbury's completed its acquisition of Home Retail Group, [10] bringing Argos, along with the Alba and Bush brands, under its ownership. Thine Wonk has got it right, Argos would go out to the market place to find a product for a given price. Probably products labouriously hand built in a Chinese factory like this one Alba plc: Change of Name to Harvard International plc". 31 March 2009. Archived from the original on 1 June 2021. Following the sale of its Alba and Bush brands, and in accordance with a condition of that sale, Alba plc will be changing its name to Harvard International plc, with effect from tomorrow (1 April 2009). Sainsbury's acquisition of Argos parent company now complete". Retail Gazette. 2 September 2016. Archived from the original on 8 December 2016 . Retrieved 2 September 2016. Sainsbury's has confirmed its acquisition of Home Retail Group is now complete.

Following the demise of the original company, the Alba name was bought in 1982 by Harvard International. [6] In the meantime the press continue to draw attention to high priced branded goods with exploding batteries and whilst this happens I fail to accept that price is always a sign of quality.Bush was an old British brand founded in 1932 and was arguably the most successful UK radio brand of all time. Toshiba, Murphy, the Rank Corporation were all associated with Bush in one way or another. In 1986 it was sold and the name was used as a brand for any cheap tat from the Shenzhen market that the new company wanted to affix the adhesive Bush badge on to, could be good, could be bad, basically was just used as a badge for import goods from the electronics wholesale markets in China and elsewhere.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment