276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silentnight 39989 3 in 1 Portable Air Cooler / Fan, Humidifier & Air Cooler / 5L Water Tank / 3 Adjustable Speed Functions / Remote Controlled / Home or Office Use / 70cm x 26cm x 28cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s not too much to dislike with this model. It offers all features you’d expect and more. It’s not the quietest (in sleep mode) compared to a couple others, but as an overall option we like it a lot. The Smart function really sets it apart, so if you like you’re gadgets it could be the one for you. The sleep mode offers a dB level of 65 meaning you shouldn’t be disturbed, and an adjustable thermostat can be adjusted between 17 – 35 degrees… giving you full control over temperature. The BLU 12HP offers powerful 12,000 BTU while keeping dB level low and extremely manageable. This is therefore a fantastic choice for those looking for a an extremely powerful options while keeping dB level low. Offering a sleep mode recording lows of 49 dB, living day to day with this model shouldn’t be a problem. Additionally, it should be easy to use and maintain, with features like air cleaning filters, automatic shutoff and timers. You’ll also want to make sure it’s energy-efficient. The more powerful units use more energy, although all air coolers are much cheaper to run than air conditioners.”

4L Air Cooler 11441 Instructions for Use - Coopers of Stortford 4L Air Cooler 11441 Instructions for Use - Coopers of Stortford

If you’re not planning on air conditioning your entire house, you will likely want to move the unit between rooms. To keep the living room cool through the day, for example, and then cool your bedroom down enough to get to sleep at night. For that reason, you don’t want it to weigh a ton so that you dread having to move it. It also helps if the unit has features designed to make moving it easier, such as handles and wheelsEven if your unit is programmable, you might still want a remote. If you don’t want to waste power running the air conditioner while you’re asleep, it can be handy to keep a remote next to the bed. Then once you start getting sleepy, you can turn it off at the press of a button. It would also be useful if you’re running it in your home office and you start to get too warm or too cool when working. A remote means you don’t need to stop what you’re doing and get up to change the temperature.

Silentnight 38063 Replacement Filter / 3 Stage Air Purifying Silentnight 38063 Replacement Filter / 3 Stage Air Purifying

Overall, the BXAC40007GB offers 45 dB (at lowest setting) and loads of features which really makes it stand out. Perfect for a bedroom/living room the modern finish allows it to blend into any modern home, and the included dehumidifier function means it can be used all year round – bonus!You might not want the temperature the same all day. For example, you could run the unit on a lower setting in the morning, so it’s comfortably warm when you wake up, higher through the middle of the day when the sun is hottest and lower but still cool for getting to sleep at night. If you don’t want to be getting up to change it every couple of hours, then programmable trigger points are your friend.

SILENTNIGHT Fans - Cheap SILENTNIGHT Fan Deals | Currys

BTU, or British Thermal Units, refers to the coverage the air conditioning unit will provide. A good rule of thumb is that it will take 20 BTU to cool each square foot of a room. So if your room is 300 square feet, you should be aiming for a unit with a BTU of 6000. Ideally, you should aim a little above this, as you might want to use it in a bigger room at some point. Plan for a BTU high enough to cool the biggest room in your home, and you’ll stay cool and happy.verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{

air cooler - Evening Standard Best portable air cooler - Evening Standard

For EACs that don’t have a detachable tank you can still follow the guide to add some vinegar into the tank the same way you would add water normally (through the water fill door). You simply unplug the drain plug to drain the vinegar solution after. The vinegar itself can help reduce the grime inside without having to scrub it physically, when the tank is not detachable. The Princess – a Dutch brand – was the first air cooler I tried, in the middle of 2022’s heatwave when all the big-beast proper air conditioners were sold out. It was a bit of a revelation, reducing the temperature in my bedroom from an entirely unreasonable 23 degrees (at midnight!) to a more bearable 19.

Honeycomb Pads

Hi, I’m AJ from the UK! I created Quiet Living to document my journey to a quieter life. Whether you’re looking to soundproof, fix that squeak or get rid of that loud noise… we’ve got you covered. For this test, I either tried the air coolers at home during a very hot spell, looking for a temperature reduction of at least two degrees, or consulted independent retailers with long experience in the market. I wanted noticeable cooling efficiency at a reasonable price, but also took into account the noise level (most of these will be used at night) and how easy they were to move around and store.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment