276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB70, 716Wh LiFePO4 Battery Backup w/ 2 1000W AC Outlets (1,400W Peak), 100W Type-C, Solar Generator for Road Trip, Off-grid, Power Outage (Solar Panel Optional)

£499.5£999.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The EB70 also has a ECO MODE that will shut the unit off if it’s left on for four hours with nothing hooked up to it. Can turn it on or off! I hooked up two 100 watt renogy panels in parallel and it charges at 140 watts. But if you buy the SP200 panels it will get closer to the 200 watt max charging.

On top of the EB70 is a folding carry handle and also a wireless charging pad which supplies about 10W to a phone for wireless charging. I found this to be useful to bung your phone onto at night, but wireless charging is too slow generally in my opinion – I’m impatient! Storage Capacity and Power The Bluetti EB70 is a power station with exceptionally good hardware which is very slightly let down by a display that keeps turning off when you just want it to stay on. I can’t for the life of me imagine who made that design decision. However you may consider this a minor issue when you consider the features and performance on offer here. How important is the reduced capacity of the EB70? Well 716Wh is still a fairly meaty amount of power storage. It will run a 50W coolbox for over 13 hours, and this time can be considerably extended if solar power is used to supplement the power and charge the power station. If you’re not planning on using solar then I would always advise as much capacity as possible, and potentially look upwards in the Bluetti range towards the AC200P which has 2000Wh of capacity (although it’s much bigger). A Word About Battery Cell Chemistry – Bluetti Offer Longer Lifetimes I tested the EB70 on the 12 volt side. It's a fair bet with any of these power stations that the 12v circuits will make the most of the available watthours. For instance, I've tested my CPAP with the house current inverter on the AC200P, and the 12v side was 25% better.Another legit complaint is the absurdly small “power on” lights. I have left the unit on, while thinking I had turned it off. Device will then drain to empty over the course of a week or so. An unpleasant surprise if you are ready to hit the road and it’s not charged. My work-around was to buy these USB LED lights (tiny 18mA draw) and leave one in a port. Whenever unit is on, you will know it. (see LED in photo) To the right of the USB port, a pair of DC5521 outlets are ready for drones and other barrel-style DC devices. These can also be used for many other DC devices, but your mileage may vary. As is generally the case with barrel-style plugs, you’ll probably need an adapter. But simply having them available is a benefit when they’re needed. Finally, in this side of the charger, there’s a standard 12-volt, 10-amp automotive outlet. This can be used for running car vacuums and other small devices when you’re nowhere near your car.

The portable solar generators from Bluetti not only charge your electronic devices via clean energy, but they do also so in a quiet manner. Built into the design are four continuous AC outlets capable of running 700 watts all at once with a surge protection of up to 1400 watts. Battery chemistry determines how long the power station will last, how well it performs under different conditions, and how safe it is to use. Overall though, you cannot go wrong with the EB70 or the PV200 – they are both well made bits of equipment which do their jobs well. Perhaps it’s the young age of the company which is the problem and they are just learning the ropes. We shall see. This makes Bluetti portable power station EB70 especially sought after for fishing trips, camping adventures, workshops, picnics and yachts, not to mention campervan road trips. 5. Bluetti EB70 PriceThe specific lithium-ion battery found in the EB70 has 716Wh of capacity, enough power to meet the everyday needs of camper or traveler on the go. I haven't thoroughly wrung out the inverter, but so far my impression is that it's a reasonable compromise between power and efficiency. I love that Bluetti have given such a generous length of cable. It means you can situate the solar panels where the sun is and still keep the EB70 close to where you want it to be – perhaps in your tent or campervan. PV200 with the EB70 for Solar Charging My other main gripe with this Bluetti power station is the AC adapter. It is huge and loud. And it will even turn on the fans inside the AC adapter when it is not connected to the EB70. So you can’t even leave the thing connected to a wall outlet, otherwise it just runs and runs for no reason. Very poorly designed and bulky. 700W Sustained Test With Electric Heaters I tested the PV200 + EB70 solar generator kit at two times of day in the peak of summer. At 8pm at night, it was still light outside, but no direct sunlight – the EB70 registered no input power, even though the battery indicator was flashing.

Without the humidifier or heated hose, I got over 5 nights, including naps. In the event of a hurricane or other disaster bad enough to last that long, we're likely to evacuate anyway. So this represents excess capacity. I'm a big fan of a healthy margin of error, like if we think we won't need to evacuate and then the roads are impassable, as happened after Hurricane Floyd. Just as important is the issue of recharge cycles. The EB70 has lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo4) cells. As good as the 150 is, the EB70 can provide hundreds more cycles. Maybe a thousand or more. Making this switch will preserve the 150 for scenarios where it's capacity and 1000 watt inverter are called for, like extended camping trips. output ports are sure to meet your needs for charging different devices simultaneously. A 15-watt wireless charging pad at the top greatly facilitates the charging of cellphone. From mini-refrigerators to LED lights, it is a great storage option for camping and emergency use. Designed For Life On-the-go Imagine if your mobile phone could only display its remaining charge in 20% increments – i.e. it could only say 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100% – it would be pretty annoying right? You wouldn’t exactly how much battery life you have left which could easily leave you in the lurch. This is exactly what the EB70 display does – there is no accurate indicator of actual remaining battery capacity as a percentage – slightly crazy! This may be because they cannot accurately ascertain the power capacity – I’ll try to find out an answer about this and update the review. In summary, if you happen to be living the #vanlife, then Bluetti EB70 will suit every single one of your explorist needs. 1. Bluetti EB70 Portable Power Station Specifications

Intial review unboxing

AC Outputs – there are 2 x 3 pin ‘mains’ outputs for the UK version of the EB70. The voltage comes set at 240V and 50Hz which is the UK standard. The frequency can be increased to 60Hz if required via the settings. Additionally, LiFePO4 batteries weigh less than half of a lead-acid battery of similar capacity, so no more lugging your Bluetti solar generator around. The EB70 is super light and portable. 3. Bluetti EB70 Recharge Options A. For EB70, the maximum output power is 1000W, so please make sure the total power of your devices doesn’t exceed 1000W, or the inverter will shut down itself.Friendly

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment