276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling/In-Wall Speakers (Pair, White)

£108.065£216.13Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ceiling speakers sound very good, and provide immersive audio especially when integrated into a home theater. Q: What is the best brand for ceiling speakers? If this is your first time setting up a home theater, you may be scratching your head right about now. You may be wondering what these pieces of equipment do and what makes them different. We have a thorough guide explaining amplifiers and receivers if you want more detail, but the basics are below.

The 10 Best In-Ceiling Speakers of 2023 - Audiostance

There are plenty of benefits to installing active speakers in your ceiling. One of the biggest is the reduced cost of support equipment. Another benefit is a reduction in the cabling needed to power these speakers. Active in-ceiling speakers work differently than other active speakers, though. I think the main difference between the two is 6" vs 8" woofer and naturally the RC80i is slightly larger. Next up is our budget option that has 100 watts RMS power. Whenever our experts choose a more affordable design, they make sure it’s still high quality and will deliver exceptional stereo sound for your speaker. Sound is good especially considering the speaker depth, though the streaming services I believe are only standard def, and they are visually pleasing - I wanted a minimalist look and eventually hope for them to have Alexa integration.Naturally, there are some things to consider before you jump in. Installing architectural speakers requires precision and a layout that both matches the room size, your furniture and perhaps your TV setup, too.

Polk Audio RC60i and RC80i - Audioholics Home Theater Forums Polk Audio RC60i and RC80i - Audioholics Home Theater Forums

Sonos provides an intriguing high-end option, joining forces with architectural speaker brand Sonance to give users all the benefits of its multi-room audio in a ceiling speaker. Our experts will remind you that just because you have a 3-way audio system, it doesn’t mean it will always outperform a two-way. What’s also important to keep in mind is the build and the construction. A well-built two-way system will be superior to a poorly constructed 3-way. Note that the instructions say that they must be mounted at least 1" away from a joist. My house was also pre-wired with speaker wire going to the ceiling but the builders attached a j-box (the little plastic box behind all of your switches and outlets). I bought the RC60i with the intention of trying out ceiling speakers. TechJunkie is curated by our content-area subject matter experts to provide a well-rounded, unbiased perspective Even with such a small circumference, the Herdio HCS418Ceiling In-Wall Speakers have 160 watts of power per speaker with a mineral-filled polypropylene mica cone woofer and rubber edge seals to help keep out the moisture while delivering flawless clear sound.In conclusion, when it comes to the best in-ceiling speakers, there is a lot to consider. However, our top choices are from Bose, Sonos and Klipsch. From value ( price to performance), design, and ease-of-use, we highly recommend one of these brands. Half the battle with ceiling speakers is getting sound to where you want it. For affordable surround-sound systems, Yamaha NS-IW280CWH 6.5-inch 3-Way In-Ceiling Speaker System is a solid choice. The beautiful Polk Audio RC80i low profile in-ceiling stereo systems are white but, are 100% paintable with the color of your choice. They are also easy to install and are an amazing addition to your home theater system. Not only do the speakers optimize movies and music, but you will also notice clearer dialogue as well.

Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Round In-Wall 8 Customer Reviews: Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Round In-Wall 8

Other factors that may impact the price include everything we touched upon in our buyer’s guide. You want to be able to paint the grille a different color? Then get ready for a higher cost. If you want a swivel-mounted speaker for wide sound dispersion, that will also cost you extra. Yes, it will be much easier for you if there no j-boxes. You just trace the template for the speaker and cut out the hole using a drywall saw.Speaking of the price, you want the best value for money at the very low price. Low price tags may not always be possible for in-ceiling speakers, because they require better materials and a sleeker design compared to regular bookshelf speakers or tower speakers on the market. If your ceiling boards are thinner, then the weight of the speakers are vital. Ones that are too heavy will rip a hole in your roof. Most manufacturers account for this possibility and manufacture models that are lightweight but still produce excellent sound quality like the Klipsch CDT that has 1-inch titanium tweeter. It is a two-way speaker, and the swiveling 1’’ titanium tweeter provides wide sound dispersion. It is also aimable, so you can direct the sound wherever and however you want. The 8’’ woofer it uses can also rotate a full 360 degrees, and it tilts up to 15 degrees in any direction. The flexibility of this technology allows you to get a detailed sound from any listening position regardless of the location of the speakers. It also has a tweeter switch and mid-bass level switch that lets you adjust the sound to fit your preferences. The tweeter is placed into a flared opening known as the ‘horn.’ This design brings out details in the sound and reduces reflections that can color the sound. It is a great choice for users who want to integrate the best ceiling speaker they can find with their home theater system. CASHLESS & UNLIMITED REPAIRS: You DON’T PAY for any spare parts, labour or transportation charges. Unlimited repairs up to the invoice value of the device.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment