276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Assassination of JFK: Minute by Minute

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book covers four days, three murders and looks a dozens of witnesses who all played a small part in this historic event.

The minute-by-minute account begins at 9pm on Thursday, November 21, 1963, at the home of Lee Harvey Oswald’s wife Marina, with her landlady’s excitement over the impending visit of the 35th President of the United States to Texas. Presented by Jeremy Vine, Dermot O'Leary and Louise Minchin, this live programme will have dramatised eye-witness accounts and expert analysis together with musicians and leading artists performing a soundtrack that combines the music of 1963 and songs inspired by the assassination. ST-527-8-63 22 November 1963 President Kennedy's casket being prepared for carrying onto Air Force One, Love Field, Dallas.Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book. Including the details and testimonies of the everyday person, not just the names we hear so often, brings a human element to the story and really brings to life just how much of an affect Kennedy, and his assassination, had on everyone to this day.

JFK is climbing the steps of Air Force One ready to move on to Dallas and he says, apparently to nobody in particular, 'I'll be glad when this next stop is over.Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. The series charts the parallel timelines of his head of security Roy Kellerman, Lee Harvey Oswald and First Lady Jackie Kennedy.

A compelling investigation into the circumstances surrounding the infamous assassination from three key angles, with new information regarding what J. One thing clear from this and from the films and documentaries I have seen Jackie Kennedy was one hell of a woman! There is the unbearable anguish of secret service agent Clint Hill watching his president die and beating his hands in despair on the trunk of the limousine, feeling he should have taken the bullet. A truly international and honest account of an event that shook the world, I would highly recommend this book to anyone. I wanted to read different opinions of people who were there at the time but Mayo does make it clear from the start that is not what his book is about and I can respect that.This last remark rather poignant in view of a man holding a rifle being spotted later in a Book Depository window but not being reported because it was thought he was a Secret Service agent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment