276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glow (The Plated Prisoner Series Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love historical fiction but I have found that just plain historical fiction can be a bit dry. I really enjoy historical-fiction novels that switch between past and present points of view. When this done well, the past and present POV weave together two seemingly unrelated storylines that come together seamlessly. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments Lantern Light Overlays, Lamp Light Overlay, Magic Light Photoshop Overlays, Christmas Overlays, Light Beams Overlay, Light Rays Overlay

Glow Book - Etsy UK

stars; what's the deal with paintings that Julie finds at a consignment shop? They glow! Julie is hooked. Are there more paintings to collect? As a prospective art student, can she duplicate the method?Perfect for winter night reading, the book’s message of love and togetherness is relevant all year long. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about Lydia's POV being told through her letters to her beau Walter. As I read, I realized these snippets of her life lead to the build-up of finding out what happened to her and her family. Their story was definitely a tear-jerker.

Glow by Megan E. Bryant | Goodreads Glow by Megan E. Bryant | Goodreads

In the past, we learn the story of three sisters, Liza, Lydia, and Charlotte Grayson. Liza is able to get her younger sister Lydia a job as a watch dial painter at the factory where she works. The job entails tipping a paintbrush between your teeth to paint the delicate numbers on watch faces for soldiers off at war. The girls working at the factory use the glow-in-the-dark paint to paint on body jewelry, decorate their teeth, even paint their walls. Julie's story is one that while realistic, also got rather annoying at times with how she placed the blame for her choices on others instead of choosing to go to a different school while she saved to go to her dream one. I also really disliked how she treated Lauren, I get it you don't have money anymore, but instead of just pouting all the time, find cheap things to do etc., don't just shut your best friend out and then wonder why they don't come around. As you can probably tell I got pretty frustrated with Julie for most of the book. The ending did redeem her a little bit. Even though a couple small areas were bothersome, this is an extremely important story to write, to read, and to share. Glow is an incredible story that sheds light on the hideous greed of some companies who put profit above health, giving opportunity for brave people to sacrifice, and fight for what's right. Although the focus on the modern day story does takes precedence over the historical story, there is still some really interesting historical facts. I just wanted more there. I wanted to get to know the historical characters better and wanted more detail about their lives and the difficulties they faced from working in the factory.When Liza falls ill, Lydia begins to notice other girls at the factory with similar symptoms. Lydia tries to figure out what is going on, but as girls begin dying, it might be too late. Lydia does her best to stop their youngest sister from working at the factory, but every penny in needed by the family. The two stories converge at the end and several mysteries are wrapped up. Julie, who's world has just crashed around her, finds some old paintings in thrift stores and discovers a hidden secret in them when the lights go out. She becomes obsessed with her "summer project" of recreating the art and finding out who the artist is. However, she soon realizes there is something more sinister in the glowing artwork... something that may put Julie and those she loves at risk.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment