276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MeacoDry Arete® One 25L Dual Dehumidifier & HEPA Air Purifier- 5x Year Warranty - Which? Award Best Dehumidifier 2022 - Controls Humidity & Removes Excess Moisture in Large Houses - Low Energy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For us, the most important thing about Arete is that is has been designed by collaboration with our customers. We have listened and learned, and all of that new knowledge is in the details that make Arete so special. Optimised for your life and the British weather. Customers who wish to remove smells and VOC's (chemicals) from their homes should take a look at our active charcoal filter here. Customers with allergies, pets or those who want to use a medical grade filter for air cleaning should carry on reading! Arete’s control panel is simple to use and gives you complete control. With large buttons for the most-used functions, you can control the unit with a single touch of a single button – particularly for Smart Humidity Control and Smart Laundry. It’s uncomplicated and efficient – exactly what you need. Sleep easy with our Night Mode You asked for a dehumidifier that can be pushed against a wall to save space on their hallway or landing, with Arete you can do exactly that.

Arete' is the Greek Goddess of Excellence and this was their aim throughout the design process. It is their most energy efficient and quietest dehumidifier yet, winning the prestigious Which? Best Buy and Red Dot Design awards. I was testing the 12L Arete One, which means that it can extract up to 12 litres of moisture from the air per day. And thanks to a generous 2.5L water tank, there's plenty of capacity to collect this condensed water. That means you don't need to constantly empty the dehumidifier as I found I was doing with other models.Whisper Quiet – Our quietest large dehumidifier yet. In fact, at only 40dB, it is more than twice as quiet as the industry standard. It’s certainly an effective dehumidifier. In a small bedroom with damp and mould issues, I saw the humidity fall from 67% to 52% within a couple of hours, and I had to force the target down to 45% to keep the purifier busy.

The end result is our quietest, most energy efficient dehumidifier range yet, with a host of special features to make living with Arete a pleasure.

Moon-shaped button for activating night mode (in night mode the LED screen turns off and there are no beeps) Tina also took note of how straightforward the dehumidifier was to set up, empty and what it’s like to use day to day. Arete extracts water into an extra-large, 4.8 litre, tank ensuring you wake up to condensation free windows each morning. The easy-to-use tank has a cover and carry handle with the option to pour the water away from both the left and right side, making life simple. To access the water tank, you just pull the two large handles at the front of the unit. Although a word of warning, the water tank can be heavy when full, so you’ll need a steady hand to walk to the sink as it’s easy to splash the water around. However, you don’t need to fiddle with any lids or covers as I encountered with other dehumidifiers, with the Meaco you just pour the water away via a little outlet at the side of the tank. Overall a really easy experience.

To make things easier, Arete comes with a hose adapter to allow you to use a standard garden hose for continuous drainage if you need it. There are also hidden castors on the base of the dehumidifier, so rolling the unit from room to room is also an option. I found it rolled well on both hard floor and carpet, unlike many other dehumidifiers of this weight that struggled on carpet. Maintenance

We’re really happy with the Meaco Arete One, the water storage tank onf the 25l is huge so it can do two loads of washing without needing to be emptied. When the water tank is full the dehumidifier beeps and flashes red unless it’s on night mode. The water tank is removed from the front of the machine so it’s really easy to empty and it has a handle which reduces the risk of dropping or spilling water. It's wise to think carefully about the size of room or the amount of moisture the dehumidifier is going to be up against. The 12l version would suit a small-medium size room with mild humidity, but if you have a big or very damp-prone house - or you're drying a lot of washing - the 20 or 25l model really does the job well. We didn’t realise for the first few months and then accidentally found it when we were cleaning a few months later. The dehumidifier was already pretty powerful with the plastic bag inside it, but even better when we removed it!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment