276°
Posted 20 hours ago

More Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up: The WTF AM I DOING NOW? Follow Up to the Runaway Bestseller (Confessions, 2)

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

More Confessions is a treat: honest, funny, warm and even better than the first instalment -- Lucy Dillon In this book the pair decide not just to help each other but through their column in a newspaper magazine they’re sharing their experience, humour and common sense with the world in general. I’ll leave you to find out if they both get their happy ever after.. The thing is, no matter how settled you think you are, life always has alternative plans, and Nell's life is no different. The story of Nell Stevens’ struggle through her imperfect, messy life doesn’t just make brilliant fiction, it’s turning into a cultural revolution!' – Matt Cain

I really loved this catch up with the characters. I leave them at the end of this book wishing them well, and wondering if we will get another peek into their lives again in a few years, I hope so. Living in London, Nell is content with her life. She enjoys her job writing obituaries, has a strong circle of friends (including the ultimate frenemy). Yet people, especially her parents are worried that she hasn't married, had children, is not successful. Nell is apparently a "Forty-Something F**k Up".Nell makes herself write a gratitude list to help her survive her life, and gradually her list goes from breathing to achievements that she is really proud of. But mostly she becomes proud of herself, f##k up's and all, which is so lovely not to mention empowering to watch.

Confessions of a Forty Something has a great structure. The novel follows a year in the life of Nell Stevens. The book is divided in terms of months of the year and significant moments in time in Nell’s life, such as New Year’s Day, Sunday Lunch, Easter Monday, Mothers Day and so on. I really enjoyed this format and I think it worked well to situate the reader in the unfolding story. Interspersed between the narrative are references to Nell’s entertaining podcast, along with her notebook entries on what she is grateful for each day. There are also snippets of conversations via communication channels such as Whats App. I found these inclusions funny, authentic and enlightening. Brilliantly written, extremely relatable, honest, full of humour and totally uplifting, Everyone needs to read this (you don’t have to be forty-something) and realise it’s never too late to change what you don’t like in your life and their are tons of women dealing with the same thoughts and feelings. Told with laugh out loud humor and the perfect wit Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up is the perfect book for any woman (or man) whether young or old that feels like she isn’t enough or in the right place in her life.Că fericirea nu e ceva ce îți dau alții, că îți poți îndeplini obiectivele din tinerețe (soț, casă ca în reviste și copii la școli private) și tot sa nu fii fericită. Că societatea îți impune un anume model chiar dacă nu ți se potrivește și, de-a lungul timpului, te face să te îndoiești de tot ce crezi tu că ai realizat. Că trăim într-o cultură în care a fi ocupat e un modus vivendi, suntem mereu așa de ocupați ca nu mai avem timp de prieteni, de întâlniri, de comunicat real cu oamenii, comunicare înlocuită cu mesajele pe whatsapp (la un moment dat Nell își sună o prietenă sa refuze o invitație pentru că i s-a părut aiurea sa refuze prin mesaj și prietena o întreabă dacă a sunat din greșeală). After reading the first book earlier in the year and loving that, I just knew I had to read this! And I’m pleased to say, this was every bit as good as the first book, I loved it. ❤️

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment