276°
Posted 20 hours ago

From One Mom to a Mother: Poetry & Momisms: 1 (Jessica Urlichs: Early Motherhood Poetry & Prose Collection)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really struggled with the monumental shift that becoming a mother can be, when I found Jessica’s poetry I felt seen, heard, less alone and validated. There was so much hope, comfort and passion in this book where I found encouragement that I was not alone in this journey. I'd read them with tears streaming down my face at 2am and know that at least I wasn't the only one who'd ever felt all of this overwhelming pain and love and fear. Jessica is also a best selling author of 'The Rainbow In My Heart', a children's picture book on emotions, with other books 'My Superpowers', and 'You Hung The Moon', a gift book for mothers. Laugh, cry, and connect with Jessica's passion and love for her children in this tale of self-discovery.

I have three children, with my youngest being 5 months, and these poems help to put certain things in a softer perspective. We take intellectual property concerns very seriously, but many of these problems can be resolved directly by the parties involved. It's not that I'm not a fan or dislike it, I enjoy reading poems when I come across them or when they're recommended. However having had my first baby in May and finding Jessica Urlichs poetry circulating TikTok videos I was up at 3:00 in the morning feeding my baby to it was an easy purchase. From One Mom to a Mother' is the first book in Jess's collection of poetry with 'All I See is You' being her second and her third and final in the series.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Some of the poems and pieces of prose hit me so hard in their raw truthfulness that it felt like a punch in the stomach. Her children's books are equally as wonderful, my little boy adored The Rainbow in my Heart so much and we regularly take the sentiments from it to help him through emotional ups and downs. Jessica Urlichs has a talent for capturing the mundane moments and fleeting thoughts experienced universally by parents and shaping them into something beautiful, relatable and meaningful.I cannot recommend this collection enough to new mothers, expectant mothers and parents of young children who are navigating the highs and lows of parenthood in all its wonderful and messy complexity. It felt like a “friend” I could turn to at 3am in the middle of a breakdown when no one else would understand. Motherhood and parenthood in general is the most beautiful and challenging thing I've ever done and it was refreshing to relate so heavily to another so much and to know I'm not alone. Jessica has also written a variety of children's books to help our young ones navigate their emotions and realise their superpowers. If you’d like to file an allegation of infringement, you’ll need to follow the process described in our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy.

If you’ve already done that, your item hasn’t arrived, or it’s not as described, you can report that to Etsy by opening a case. I’m not generally a huge fan of poetry and what I am, usually needs to rhyme, but this was wonderful. I think I need some time to recover from the emotional hit before I pick up Urlichs' next collection! This captivating book, featuring 55 soul-stirring poems and prose, is a heartfelt gift for mums-to-be, new mothers, and those navigating the initial years of parenthood.I really struggled with the monumental shift that becoming a mother can be, when I found Jessica's poetry I felt seen, heard, less alone and validated. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Thank you for all of these sweet words, feelings and making me feel like I’m not the only mama with these thoughts.

Regardless of the frustrations to come, I will do my best to remember some of these words and remind myself of the honor I have of being my children’s safe place. As in every collection some poems did not resonate with me that's why I am not rating it 5 stars but it very much deserves a read ! Etsy’s 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centres that host Etsy. Jessica shares her passion and love for her children on this tale of self discovery, that two people were born that day.Whether you laugh or cry you will put it down feeling less alone and having made a friend in a book . This book brings a sense of comfort, of community, acceptance and recognition that can really help in those low moments and reinforce those high moments too. The Paperback version doesn't include the bonus pages of additional poems, see the hardback option for 'Dear Husband - The Future Can Wait'. I’d read them with tears streaming down my face at 2am and know that at least I wasn’t the only one who’d ever felt all of this overwhelming pain and love and fear. Her words are healing, deeply relatable and the comforting tonic all new mothers should have on their bedside table".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment