276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rust-Oleum 150ml Flexible Fabric Spray Paint - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First shake the can for at least one minute. Make sure you hear the ball rattling when you start your minute countdown. One downside is I did need to do three full coats of paint plus touch ups around the seams of the cushions to get good enough coverage to cover the bright pattern well. Below is the first cushion that I sprayed. You can see on the left side where I was a little too heavy handed and used too much spray paint. Also, I noticed the fabric started to feel less like fabric and more crunchy. That told me it was time to quit. Outdoor cushions painted with Rustoleum outdoor fabric paint spray paint I sprayed a little too much on one end of the cushion and the paint started to puddle and drip. Don’t make this mistake!

I am actually quite happy with the texture of my painted pillow. It is definitely much softer than the couch cushions I painted with latex paint! In fact, I doubt anyone who touched it would ever guess it had been painted. Since it is rather costly, using it for a big job would also be very expensive. There are other ways to paint fabric; I’ve previously shared about using chalk paint and wax to paint fabric and it was really cost effective. Also there are fabric dyes like Rit Dye. I did a project on how to dye a lampshade with Rit Dye. Rustoleum outdoor fabric spray paint– That’s right, it turns out there is a specialty spray paint formulated specifically for painting outdoor fabrics! Because I needed to do a full three coats of paint, I did use quite a bit of paint. It is hard to know for sure how much spray paint is left in the can, but it feels like I used around half the can of paint on my small pillow.Even though you do need to let the paint dry for thirty minutes between coats, it only took a few seconds to spray each coat of paint on my small pillow and a larger set of couch cushions could be done in just a few minutes. Always prepare the surface before you begin the paint job. I used a soap and water formula with a lint free cloth to wipe down the cushions. I let them dry overnight. The painted cushions looked so much better than the old faded fabric had. But the texture was a lot more stiff than I would have liked and the paint wasn’t able to completely cover the floral pattern.

Next make long even light sprays across the surface of the fabric. Don’t let the paint puddle in one area. I made this mistake. I went in search of better paint options for painting outdoor cushions. It took a bit of digging, but I did manage to find a few options. I’m sharing everything you need to know to use Rustoleum outdoor fabric spray paint including the good, the bad, and how it compares to my previous attempt at painting outdoor fabric.

Specialty Products

Using this spray paint to cover a patterned pillow took way more coats of paint than I expected it to. Below is the second cushion I sprayed. It looks much better because I didn’t spray near as much product on the surface.

And as much as I wanted this to be a great inexpensive solution for saving faded outdoor cushions, it just didn’t quite hit the mark.So while a project using this paint may take all afternoon to completely finish, the active painting time will only be a few minutes. Coats of Paint I repeated the same steps as before: shake can for one minute, make sure surface is clean and dry, apply long even light coats to the surface and let dry.

These points are what differentiates it from regular spray paint. How to use Rustoleum Outdoor Fabric Paint And finally, the big question. How does the painted fabric feel – is it crunchy and stiff or soft and fabric-like? It still feels like fabric! Like I said earlier, after six coats I could tell the fabric was beginning to get a little tougher and a wee bit “crunchy.” I think over time it will soften and feel just like it did before I painted it. How many spray paint cans were used? I haven’t tested the other colors of this paint yet, but based on my experience with other paints, I would guess the lighter paint colors probably won’t cover bright colors and patterns quite as well. Time Rust-Oleum® Outdoor Fabric Paint is an easy way to refresh your worn outdoor fabrics with color. It provides broad coverage with excellent adhesion and flexibility. Fabrics stay soft* to the touch and maintain long-lasting color. Its UV and weather resistant barrier makes it ideal for outdoor fabrics. Great for use on outdoor furniture cushions, pillows and more.I used one and a half spray paint cans to cover two small outdoor lumbar cushions. Was it cost effective? Not really but it was a lot easier than using chalk paint and wax to paint the cushions. Final thoughts If you are painting something with a less high-contrast pattern, you could probably get away with two coats of paint. Amount of Paint Use outdoors or in a well-ventilated area such as an open garage. Use when temperature is between 50 °F (10 °C) and 90 °F (32 °C) and humidity is below 65% to ensure proper drying. Avoid spraying in very windy, dusty conditions. Cover surrounding area to protect from spray mist. Works best on weathered outdoor polyester fabrics. For other outdoor fabrics, additional coats may be required. As you can see from the photo above, this paint covered really well! It was even able to fully cover that bright green and white leaf print and you can’t see any trace of the lighter and darker areas of the fabric. Ensure all debris is removed. Clean with soap and water, rinse and let dry. *Softer than regular spray paint.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment