276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sail

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The story of a single mother in the 1920s with 3 children and a dog, exploring Vancouver Island’s inside passage. This book had it all for me! This is about the Dunne family. The husband died sailing but the wife and 3 children (2 grown, 1 tween) kept the boat. This trip they decide to go sailing with the husband's brother, Jake. The wife is remarried and worth a lot of money so when weird things keep happening to the boat, theres a clear motive for murder. There may also be drugs involved in Jake's life, so theres motive. Someone is out to get them, will they make it out of the trip alive?! SO GOOD! The ending got to be a little much but I enjoyed it. This is exactly what I expect out of James Patterson.

The Dunne family, led by matriarch Katherine, are setting out for a sailing adventure in the Caribbean. Katherine hopes this will bring the family together and help her children get over their personal problems. I really enjoy Patterson books although his collaborations with other authors not always so much. This one is perfect for a beach read or if you just want something that isn't challenging. The Dunnes are taking the family boat out for a trip together to try and reconnect & sort out their issues. Peter Carlyle is the step dad and staying behind in New York, his wife, her three kids and her brother in law from a previous marriage head off. Personal problems arise, a horrendous storm hits and then there is an explosion, certainly not the best start to a holiday. Stranded, hurt and presumed dead, the Dunnes need to do what they can to stay alive. This was a real good story and had a great ending...I am so glad he left out all that gory stuff, kept me on the edge of my seat. Don't know if I will be getting on a sailboat for a vacation any time soon!! In Seraffyn’s European Adventure the young couple journey in their 24ft boat to the Baltic, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Germany. Without engine, electronics, or gadgetry these scrappy sailors accomplish remarkable things through sheer endurance and resourcefulness.Godforsaken Searecounts the running of the 1996-97 Vendée Globe. On 3 November 1996, sixteen sailors set out to race around the world single-handed. Only six completed the course. The book explores what compels a sailor to go to sea why the Vendée Globe racers were willing to risk everything. Sailing and cruising stories 14. The Curve of Time – M. Wylie Blanchet In many ways, Slocum was the first cruiser and the trouble he gets himself into, the people he meets, and the places he goes are things to which we can all relate. 3. A World of My Own – Robin Knox-Johnston

Lin and Larry Pardey are living proof that you don’t need to be wealthy to see the world. They traveled for 26 years (covering the equivalent of 5 circumnavigations) in their home-built cutters, Seraffyn and Taleisin.

In 1926 Muriel “Capi” Wylie Blanchet, a Vancouver Island resident, tragically lost her husband Geoffrey when he took their 25 ft cabin cruiser “Caprice” out on a solo camping trip and never returned. Rather than sell the boat, she took her three young children and dog on summer sojourns, exploring the pristine BC coast with nothing but her wits to rely on. At 18 years old, Tania Aebi was going nowhere, until her father presented her with an ultimatum: she could go to college or get a boat. She chose the latter and for the next two and a half years and 27,000 miles, she sailed the world with only her cat as a companion. Sailing adventure books Katherine inherited a 100 million when her philandering husband died in a boating accident a few years previously on the same yacht. She is a cardiac surgeon who works long hours at the expense of her children. Happily she has remarried to Peter a lawyer who is all things that lawyers are known for. Sharks, explosions, CIA assassins, mistresses to perfect and a gung ho DEA officer. It’s a testament to the ability of the human mind to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and heartening for fellow sailors who will encounter situations that put their own courage to the test. It’s a great read and details one of the most incredible feats of the modern era. 4. Dove – Robin Lee Graham

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment