276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aputure 120d Mark II Studio LED Video Light Light Storm LS C120d II 180W 5500K LED Video Light 30000Lux (0.5m) CRI96 + TLCI97 + Bowens Bracket + Ultimate Upgrade

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Aputure Light Storm COB 120D LED studio light is a fantastic addition to my regular portrait and food photography kit. This is a five-starreview of a well deserving product! Let there be light. The most notable of these upgrades is its power unit - the C120D II is now powered by a single, all-in-one power box. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum but maintaining its lightweight build, a single power unit means less cabling and power components so filmmakers spend less time setting up their light, and more time being creative.

The Light Dome is the perfect modifier to illuminate your subject with a soft light that wraps around them, making it ideal for corporate shots, tutorial videos, conversation scenes, product shots, and even portrait photography. Aputure V-Mic D2: A Novel Approach to Basic DSLR Audio Limitations" Planet5D. Retrieved 2020-05-26. the case is well designed and wonderful in many details. The light itself is awesome. Bright, light, sturdy, compact, beautiful.Review of the Aputure Light Storm COB 120D Studio LED" Digital Photography School. Retrieved 2020-05-26.

Matthew has won 48 ACS Awards, including five prestigious Golden Tripods. In 2016 he won the Award for Best Cinematography at the 21st Asian Television Awards. DMX is the worldwide industry standard for film & television studios, theatre, broadcast, and all forms of digital networking systems. The 120d Mark II comes with DMX capability, allowing studio creatives to maximize their range of uses for their lighting arsenal. The 120d has a large fan on the underside of the unit as the high draw COB LED chip tends to produce quite a lot of heat. Along with the fan the fixture uses an intelligent temperature control system. The fans rotation will be varied based on its measurement of the corresponding ambient temperature. The fans go to maximum rotation speed when you press the Auto/Force button. Despite the size of the fan, it is barely audible and I doubt you would be able to hear it even in the quitest of environments.You might find yourselves repeating this procedure several times. Having the ability to lower or switch off or on the lights from behind the camera saves time. Final verdict: Is the Aputure 120d II worth it?

Light Dome Mini and Spacelight – New Aputure Light Storm Accessories" Cinema5D. Retrieved 2020-05-26. Comes with 5 pre-programmed lighting effects: Paparazzi, Fireworks, Fault bulb, —-Lightning, and TV The 1200d Pro uses Lumenradio CRMX and Art-net & sACN via an etherCON connector, in addition to the 5-Pin DMX512 ports, to seamlessly integrate into any professional DMX interface. What’s Included In terms of overall build – the mounting yoke is identical to the 300D MK II and allows for much-improved freedom of movement. A big improvement is also the combination of the power/controller unit. Fewer components just lead to faster setups and more shots per day. Unfortunately, the 120D MK II doesn’t come with a similar light stand mount to the one that ships with the 300D MK II. Perhaps this could be created as an additional accessory in the future? Aputure officially announces “Light This Location 2019” contest" News Shooter. Retrieved 2020-03-15.

The power source is separate from the head unit which makes it more versatile for mounting the light on different stands or setting it in a table. It also has different lighting modes for various production needs. The increment levels are precise and produces and bright clean light. In 2014, Aputure launched a series of educational videos that taught filmmakers how to light both corporate and narrative videos titled Four-Minute Film School. [13] [14] [15] Other series titles include Start Learning Cinematography and Ask Aputure. Hosted by Ted Sim and Valentina Vee, guest instructors have are cinematographers that have worked with Nike, Adidas, and Visa. In the shots below, the actor is positioned in a daylight interior, with strong natural light coming in from the window. As the direction is to have a high-key shot, we need to bring some fill light into the scene to save exposing for the light from the window. And, to equally avoid the highlights from the windows clipping if we were to expose for the interior ambiance. Aputure's LS C300d Mark II LED Light Kit with V-Mount Battery Plate is an improved version with 20% more power, improved functionality, and a cutting-edge connection that is built on the framework of the well-liked LS C300d.The 300d Mark II can provide up to 80,000 lux when used with the optional Fresnel 2X. So, I say stunning light, and I guess, like almost everything in photography, that’s a subjective statement. But I really love the light this unit produces, in the situations I’ve used it. I held off working on this article as I wanted to get some good use in with the light as I’d originally planned for this review. That was to use it as my key light for food photography.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment