276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The best horror bypasses your critical and/or intellectual faculties, pushing psychological buttons, some you may not even know you have. And that's what Junji Ito's work tends to do for me. Content warnings for: graphic and frequent portrayals of suicide, violence, self-harm, and murder, including infanticide and a woman forcing her own miscarriage through trauma Oct 25 Yearning Teens, Frustrated Romance, Pretty Skies — Is There Anything Else to Makoto Shinkai?

Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection | CORNIE Reading Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection | CORNIE Reading

His longest work, the three-volume Uzumaki, is about a town's obsession with spirals: people become variously fascinated with, terrified of, and consumed by the countless occurrences of the spiral in nature. Apart from the ghastly, convincingly-drawn deaths, the book projects an effective atmosphere of creeping fear as the town's inhabitants become less and less human, and more and more bizarre things begin to happen. The Mansion of Phantom Pain is also a decent story about a young man who gets a job at a rich person’s house where he has to relieve the man’s son’s pain that has somehow, invisibly filled the mansion. This one’s a good example of Ito’s unique imagination - it’s something only he could come up with. I was hooked waiting to see where he’d take the story, and it was mostly interesting, though, again the ending is weak.Next up in this collection are the two Strange Hikizuri Siblings stories, Narumi’s Boyfriend and The Séance. Fukuda, Rika (April 12, 2013). "ネムキ後継誌Nemuki+創刊記念、「百鬼夜行抄」今市子インタビュー". Comic Natalie (in Japanese). Natasha, Inc . Retrieved May 22, 2022. Judging solely by the cover images, both Hazard's Italian Tomie translation and the Spanish Tomie series from La Cúpula are based on Tomie Zen, but this has not yet been confirmed.

Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection by Junji Ito Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection by Junji Ito

Junji Ito has got to be my favourite horror person. Everything he creates is so cryptic and interesting, with concepts wild enough to snag my attention without much effort. As expected, this story collection marks another of Ito’s works I adored. Junji Ito was born in the Gifu prefecture of Japan in 1963. He was inspired from a young age by both his older sisters' drawings and the work of Kazuo Umezu. Ito first began writing and drawing manga as a hobby while working as a dental technician in the early 1990s. In 1987, he submitted a short story to Gekkan Halloween that won an honorable mention in the Kazuo Umezu Prize (with Umezu himself as one of the judges). This story was later serialized as Tomie. Also included are several stories about the ghastly Hikizuri siblings, with some of the more disturbing characterisations I've seen from Junji Ito. Siren Maniacs" is a supplemental analysis book for the PlayStation 2 survival horror stealth video game "Siren" (サイレン) published by Sony Computer Entertainment. This book contains the one shot "Demon's Voices" (魔声, Mahou) drawn by Junji Ito. At Anime Expo Lite, Viz Media announced that they licensed the series for English publication. [4] Viz Media released the volume on April 20, 2021. [1] Film [ edit ]

Tombs coming soon!

The Kafkaesque autobiography of a diplomat who compares himself to Grigori Rasputin, and what happens after he gets caught up in a political purge during the early 2000s. Written by Nagasaki Takashi, art by Junji Ito. The story progresses through ‘A Woman in Distress’, ‘Shadow’ and ‘Screams in the Night’; Ryusuke, sometimes joined by his would-be girlfriend Midori and friend Tejima, attempts to identify the ‘beautiful boy’, and is eventually suspected of telling the fateful fortunes himself. He doesn’t appear in ‘The Boy in White’, which is instead narrated by a man who comes to the city having heard rumours of its multiple suicides. There’s also a pair of manga about ‘the strange Hikizuri siblings’ – ‘Narumi’s Boyfriend’ and ‘The Séance’ – which have to rank among my least favourites of all the Ito I’ve read; this type of humour either works for you or really doesn’t, and I’m in the latter camp. (The loose ends left by ‘The Séance’ led me to assume there are further Hikizuri tales, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, making this another case of an oddly inconclusive ending.) Ribs woman Wires were used in place of ribs to make music, and the picture of a woman revealing her ribs will stay with me for a long time. (4 stars)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment