276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fight Class 3 Omnibus Vol 2 (Fight Class 3 Omnibus, 2)

£8.995£17.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The plot sometimes feels like it's all over the place, especially during the middle half of the series, but that's just probably my inexperience as a manga reader barging in and making a point, so as such it might not count for much I'm afraid lol. It's mostly linear and expectable, guy had a bad thing happen to him when he was a kid, he requires resources and ability to overcome said thing, attain something of value or just become stronger, and yeah it's mainly centered on school life so it's pretty easy to guess the kind of characters you'll be seeing throughout the series. I appreciate that every Fight Class character has an appropriate body shape, female and male fighters both stand on equal ground, and everyone is given a room to grow after a certain event. Also, Maria is best girl. <3 It took me 2 days to read it, not to my expectations which was a surprise to me, so I'd guess that says something about how much I like it. I grew disinterested in the secondary characters and the story's direction, but the artist has overwhelming talent. They show two sides of totally different art styles and sometimes meld between more than one style in a single chapter; the visuals, as brutal or adorable as they are, are the most substantial parts for me and keep me going between boredom and horror. The fights were beautiful, and even in those moments of horror, I had to see what would happen. Like a car crash, I wanted to look away, but couldn't. Maria is one of the best fighters out of all of the Namil High students portrayed thus far. She has defeated an entire room of Namil High students by herself, and has defeated every member of Class 1 personally with very little difficulty. Her fighting style, which her fellow students are not informed of, is Barborado Jiu-Jitsu, which combines the grappling and submissions of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with striking techniques drawn from Capoeira, Muay Thai, Karate, and Taekwondo.

As far as the character and story portion of the manhwa goes, it's mostly what you'd expect out of a traditional shounen-esque work, even though during certain stages it wouldn't qualify However, Wallad made the mistake of inducting Jiu Dae-Gak as one of his students. In a mysterious incident, Dae-Gak murdered the entirety of Maria's family except her. Maria was seriously traumatized by the loss, and would even later attempt suicide unsuccessfully. [1]

Fight Class 3 Chapter 1: Round 1

While the story is very broad and attempts to have several stories, ultimately, for me, many of them fell flat, not that they were terrible. The earlier chapters do a lot of heavy lifting to parts of the story I enjoyed reading, but after chapter 70, we start going in a very dark and unhinged direction which wasn't what I was looking for and might turn others off. For example, over time, the main character into a relentless psychopath, which perhaps was only Maria would later approach Ji-Tae in disguise to test his reactions. Ji-Tae would avoid her strikes with his kinetic vision and then escaped an armbar with his double-jointedness. After discovering Ji-Tae's posters which displayed Dae-Gak, alongside his sister, Maria realized that he was the son of Dae-Gak and had inherited his flexibility and kinetic vision from his father. Upon discovering this, Maria immediately offered to train Ji-Tae. [4] After Dong-Won left the gym, Maria revealed to Ji-Tae some details; she also lost her family to Dae-gak, and wishes to take revenge. The only way to even meet him, however, is to join Fight Class 3. Maria also asked Ji-Tae if Dae-Gak is really his father because she wishes to kill Dae-Gak for her revenge. Ji-Tae cannot answer. Chapter 93 Chapter 92 Chapter 91 Chapter 90 Chapter 89 Chapter 88 Chapter 87 Chapter 86 Chapter 85 Chapter 84 Chapter 83 Chapter 82 Chapter 81 Chapter 80 Chapter 79 Chapter 78 Chapter 77 Chapter 76 Chapter 75 Chapter 74 Chapter 73 Chapter 72 Chapter 71 Chapter 70 Chapter 69 Chapter 68 Chapter 67 Chapter 66 Chapter 65 Chapter 64 Chapter 63 Chapter 62 Chapter 61 Chapter 60 Chapter 59 Chapter 58 Chapter 57 Chapter 56 Chapter 55 Chapter 54 Chapter 53 Chapter 52 Chapter 51 Chapter 50 Chapter 49 Chapter 48 Chapter 47 Chapter 46 Chapter 45 Chapter 44 Chapter 43 Chapter 42 Chapter 41 Chapter 40 Chapter 39 Chapter 38 Chapter 37 Chapter 36 Chapter 35 Chapter 34 Chapter 33 Chapter 32 Chapter 31 Chapter 30 Chapter 29 Chapter 28 Chapter 27 Chapter 26 Chapter 25 Chapter 24 Chapter 23 Chapter 22 Chapter 21 Chapter 20 Chapter 19 Chapter 18 Chapter 17 Chapter 16 Chapter 15 Chapter 14 Chapter 13 Chapter 12 Chapter 11 Chapter 10 Chapter 9 Chapter 8 Chapter 7 Chapter 6 Chapter 5 Chapter 4 Chapter 3 Chapter 2 Chapter 1

The next day, a despondent Ji-Tae went in search of Maria to try and get some answers about her knowledge of Dae-Gak, but happened upon her torturing Dong-Won in the school gym, extracting a confession that he knew about the flying armbar in advance. Ji-Tae interrupted her assault, and after a heated discussion finally convinced her to spare Dong-Won by threatening to refuse to help her at all if she did not. Ji-Tae begins the series completely devoid of any skill or fighting experience, especially in comparison to members of Nam-il High's fight classes. However, he does have several advantages inherited from Jiu Dae-Gak that he uses to compensate. While he is not as physically fit as the average member of the fight classes, his ability to dodge using his kinetic vision and his double-jointedness that allows him to slip out of submissions are traits that impressed even Maria immediately upon seeing them in action. [1] The next day, Ji-Tae arrived at the gym early, and with Maria not present begins working on his punches. He ran into Shim Ha-Min, who taught him how to throw a punch properly before leaving. When Maria arrives, she began to instruct Ji-Tae on how to counter Dong-Won's dirty boxing with a flying armbar; unbeknownst to them, Dong-Won was conducting reconnaissance on them and discovered their strategy. [5] After the test ended with Ji-tae's disqualification, Maria would interrogate Dong-Won by force. [7] However, Ji-Tae demanded mercy, and threatened to cease working with her if she did not relent. Maria ultimately agreed to these terms and even went so far as to reveal part of her own connection to Dae-Gak. Maria also told Ji-Tae that the only way to meet Dae-Gak would involve qualifying for Fight Class 3, and warned him that her revenge would require the death of Dae-Gak. [8] Maria herself would then request that the school support Ji-Tae in her place in exchange for her fighting in official tournaments on behalf of the school. This allowed Ji-Tae to be accepted as a member of the fight classes. In an imaginary world where Korea is one of the world's leading nations in martial arts, its government encourages high schools to set up martial art classes to develop talented martial artists. As the government provides with numerous benefits to the students of these classes, almost all teenagers dream of being selected for the special classes. Among the martial arts classes all over the country, Nam-il High School's Fight Class 3 is the most famous.After seeing some TikTok's I decided to dive in and read up in a day. Would I do I again? Probably not. After this, Maria, now without her previous sponsored accommodation, moved in with Ji-Tae. [9] Afterwards, Maria would compete in the Namil High Ranking Tournament. She warned Ji-Tae that he would not be victorious in any matches no matter who he faced. Maria herself would advance through the preliminaries automatically when all her opponents withdrew. [10] Maria would eventually take Ji-Tae, who had fallen unconscious, to the hospital to recover from his wounds. [31] Abilities [ ] The female fighters are drawn like actually human beings who fight. They have relatively human proportions. They don’t have ridiculously large boobs, tiny waists, and skinny limbs. They have muscles.

In terms of pure physical prowess Maria's sheer strength is considered average for her class. She has a 1 rep maximum of 145kg for her deadlift, 110kg for her squats and 85kg for her bench press. Her explosivity and speed, however, are uniquely excellent. After returning to his house and quitting his part-time job working for Ji-Eun's grandfather, since he now had support from the school to train full-time, Ji-Tae ran into Maria, who was waiting at his house. She revealed to him that since her support has been withdrawn, including her accommodation, she would need to live at his house from now on. When bringing this information to Ji-Tae, Ji-Tae again stridently refused. Maria, however, eventually convinced him by telling him it would be the only way he had to find Dae-Gak and his sister. [5] First martial arts story I’ve read that even touches on menstruation for female athletes without making it comedic.

Comment

throughout the story both the art and storytelling transform which brings the reading in on the journey. the artist is very good at conveying mood with the art. the story develops from the average school fight manga (past few dozen chapters the school hasn't even been related) so it can be difficult depending on what you are going in for. The main character goes through a drastic change at a point in the story. that's when everything changes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment