276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mazona 5" Chimney Closure/Register Plate Kit 950mm x 400mm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Do NOT use plasterboard of any kind inside the fireplace recess, even the pink fire-resistant stuff, as this is not allowed as plasterboard is not officially non-combustible (plasterboard okay on chimney breast though). I have a house built in 1790 with 4 fireplaces. One of those being what I have heard called a "Walk in" fireplace. The opening is basically 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall. So you can imagine the flue is huge as is or was the flue housing. Go to top of chimney and pull the liner up until the newly-attached vitreous pipe is “up the chimney a little, out of the way" so the closure plate can be fitted.

his is a reprint of the post I presented in June. By code it is required. I don’t care what some installer or retailer tells you. Believing and putting your complete trust in them could make you dead wrong. Hearthnet would not exist if all went well. This is the one place where good advice code and safe installs are discussed.

With the closure plate cut to size (usually a square or rectangle) measure the width of the board (left to right) and mark a centre line. Best also measure your fireplace width as this centre line will be where your flue pipe ends up. This article continues as if the closure plate is being fitted last of the three boards but bear this in mind when thinking about your install. NFPA 211 changed the Cross-sectional code for venting in to a larger flue. The former code allowed 3x the flue collar cross-sectional area . Do you have a Power of Attorney? MoneySavingExpert.com founder Martin Lewis explains how this crucial protection works, why it's more important than a will, and how to get one in the latest episode of ITV's The Martin Lewis Money Show Live. So I cant say I'm too happy with his solution. Problem is he tells me "Thats how everyone does it""Its the industry standard".

Without an air source (open flue plate) condensation can't happen in a chimney because there is not a source for water vapor if it is sealed at top and bottom. Condensation just doesn't happen - condensation is carried by circulating air. Example: 36” measurement, we would need a piece of metal at least 38” long and we would mark the center at 18” on the front line 1” in from the edge).

Firepalce Insert Block Off Plate

Lets face the manufactures fudge the BTUs and areas that a stove will heat. They know more stoves will sell if the cost of installation is less. Telling an potential owner the cost just went up

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment