276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It doesn't just make an argument for honesty, it makes one for kindness and understanding (without ever taking them for granted). Most importantly, it’s funny – I’m not a one for ‘misery memoirs’ – and laughter is the best medicine etc. It’s also superbly enlightening about this complex mental illness. Most people with BPD are undiagnosed as it takes a pretty serious crash to sit up and think: hey, something’s not quite right here.

Feelings aren’t a choice. We don’t choose how we feel. The only choice we have is weather or not to tell someone about it” Despite his poor mental health, Tracini has had a stable professional life – he has rarely been without work. He left Hollyoaks in 2014 after a three-year stint, thinking he would go on to something bigger and better. But there was nothing bigger than trying to quell the voices in his head. He briefly returned to Hollyoaks in 2018, after his diagnosis, but acting gigs were increasingly hard to come by. Since 2017, he has presented the children’s TV show The Dengineers (“Basically Grand Designs for kids”) with Meryl Fernandes. In December, it won a Children’s Bafta for best factual entertainment show. Final note to say is to say that the comedy in this book will have you laughing at things you thought were morally wrong to laugh at, but here you are belly laughing at suicidal jokes.

Summary

Writing this book has been the hardest thing I've ever done. It had to be dragged into the world, with my condition telling me that every single word, sentence and chapter was terrible and would make strangers walk up to me in the street and punch me in the face. Review: Crawley panto Cinderella is a Christmas treat not to be missed". Crawley News. 14 December 2009 . Retrieved 17 April 2015. His television career started in 2004 when he was a guest on CITV STEM show Prove It!. He fully made his television debut in 2007 as Spike Bannon in My Spy Family airing on Boomerang. Following the success of the first series, he would go on to reprise his role in both the second and third series before the show eventually ended in January 2010. In 2007, Tracini was also cast in the role of Darren 'DK' Karrimore in a pilot for the new BBC Three situation comedy Coming of Age. The first series, airing in 2008 was well received enjoying an average weekly reach of 1.2 million. Subsequent second and third series followed, where Tracini continued to gain plaudits for his outlandish performances, however in 2011 the decision was made to axe the show. [23] In 2010, Tracini also played the role of Victor in the single series of the BBC Four comedy The Great Outdoors. At the end of the book he says in a typically self-deprecating way: “hopefully this book makes you more able to see what’s happening in someone else’s brain and feel less alone with what’s happening in yours.” He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that’s trying to kill you every day.’

Having suffered from my own mental health and PTSD for many years, I always like to hear from others who can share their own personal stories. I managed to get my hands on this book 4 days early and devoured the whole thing in a day. I’ll start by saying that this book is a very heavy read, and as Joe points out, if you’re not ready to read this book or easily triggered then please don’t read it. I can’t see a relationship, but I know they’re a thing. I know because I have some. I’m a son, a brother, an uncle, a cousin and a friend. A relationship is something independent, that lives between the two people that made it. Nowadays when I wake up in the morning the only goal I set myself is to finish that day the same way I started it, in a bed, knowing I’ll see tomorrow. Even if today isn’t what I needed or wanted or expected, if I can just get through today, tonight I’ll have another chance at tomorrow. Joe Tracini To Star In Spamalot Tour Alongside His Father Joe Pasquale From May 11!". Broadway World. 15 April 2015 . Retrieved 17 April 2015.My adult career has been trying to undo everything I taught myself about how to be like my dad’ ... Tracini as Dennis Savage in Hollyoaks. Photograph: Channel 4 This a searingly honest must read. Joe has wisdom, kindness and a deep understanding of mental health issues. He is also hilarious with a delicious sense of humour. His book will save lives and I cannot recommend it highly enough * Lorraine Kelly * But I had run out of options. I’d done everything I ‘d been told to do and I still thought about killing myself every day. So I wrote this book to save my life. I didn't know anything about BPD till I watched Joe's videos. He has a very dark side and a very funny side of himself. He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that's trying to kill you every day.' - Davina McCall

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment