276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Potential, Transcend Your Limits

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The final chapter is a brief outline of how the WHM can be put into practice by readers. There is also a sample log by which practitioners can chart their experience.

This book fortifies that the mind is the most powerful tool we possess, however very few use it like Mr Wim Hof. A positive and persuasive read Ant MiddletonDoes he think it might have helped Olaya, I wonder? “Me knowing what I know now? I would get her out in no time.” By employing these simple breathing techniques, we are able to suppress the inflammatory markers in the blood. We are able to tap into the autonomic nervous system and suppress inflammation. We can regulate our mood, emotions, body temperature, and more. That said, the book is about the method and from an author who put their ego aside and invested their life on a w(h)im! Breath—Wim’s unique practices to change your body chemistry, infuse yourself with energy, and focus your mind

Wim Hoff is quite the enigma. I have no doubt that he is quite insane and also quite brilliant. It is clear to me that the two walk hand in hand.Hof’s method (called the “Wim Hof Method” or WHM herein and in this book) consists of three components: cold training, breath exercises, and commitment building. The book explores this three-legged stool from both the scientific and practical dimensions. There’s one chapter on each of these elements that describes what it does to the body and how it contributes to well-being, and later chapters both describe what scientific studies have found so far and outline the approach by which the reader can explore the WHM on their own. It's simply written, pragmatic, and esoterical as Wim Hof shares his mindset. I love this combination. :D Mind – You could also call this pillar the power of the mind. It includes the idea of will and the power to imagine, to meditate, to visualize — the power to send your attention to any part of your body, to observe any bodily process.

The breathing protocol, which is composed of three to four rounds, takes about twenty minutes to complete. The best time to do these breathing exercises is before breakfast. For cold exposure, some benefits begin at 60° Fahrenheit. We’re in the kitchen now. Hof offered coffee but then it was forgotten, lost in monologue. His eldest son, Enahm, drops in and re-offers, apologising for the instant coffee. His dad is a terrible cook, he says; when they were kids, he would give them pasta with tomato ketchup. Hof eats once a day, simple food, vegetables. Leeks are a favourite, with salt. I've heard about Wim in the past, I've also practiced his breathing method a bit, and reading this book was a great way for me to find more about him and his method.If you can say yes to freezing water each day, it may help you say yes to an all-nighter in the office to get a project done. 6 ACTIONS YOU SHOULD TAKE Wim Hof is a man on a mission: to transform the way we live by reminding us of our true power and purpose. “This is how we will change the world, one soul at a time,” Wim says. “We alter the collective consciousness by awakening to our own boundless potential. We are limited only by the depth of our imagination and the strength of our conviction.”

Location is important. Always do these breathing exercises in a safe environment, never in an environment in which it might be dangerous to faint, like in water or driving a car. Through the breath, we become alkaline and oxygenated and become more able to regulate our nervous system. Through the cold, we are able to activate the blood flow and get it within our willful control. Hof’s own life has been punctuated by near-death experiences, tragedy and epiphany. He almost didn’t make it into the world. After his identical twin brother, Andre, was born, their mother was taken to recover; no one knew there was another baby. “I almost suffocated, I came out purple,” he says. His mother, a devout Catholic, cried: “Oh God, let this child live! I will make him a missionary!” Which he kind of is, although maybe not in the way she envisioned.

Select a format:

Wim is an impressive human being, with absolutely astonishing achievements. The number of people who have benefitted from his method is, even if you adjust for the extreme cases who claim they've cured cancer, MS, etc, astonishing. And it shows that there's really something there, but it's probably a more complex answer than simply cold exposure and breathing. A cold shower can really motivate a person to go about changing other aspects of their lives. As such, Wim Hof has most certainly done a lot of good and, in spite of this pretty bad book, I deeply respect and admire him. Most would benefit from practicing this method. Hof, in emotional agony, as well as facing bringing up four children himself with very little money, found some comfort in cold water, in the canyons around Pamplona. “I found that going into cold water stops whatever is going on in your mind, you’ve got to survive in cold water, it is merciless, but righteous.” It helped him heal, and he began to think it could help others heal, too. And the seeds of the Wim Hof Method were born. Wim found answers in nature. This is an innate power we all possess. It’s been conditioned out of us and reinforced by an education system that isn’t focused on happiness, strength, health, or a deeper control of ourselves. Wim Hof is a man on a to transform the way we live by reminding us of our true power and purpose. “This is how we will change the world, one soul at a time,” Wim says. “We alter the collective consciousness by awakening to our own boundless potential. We are limited only by the depth of our imagination and the strength of our conviction.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment