276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Inflammable Material

£1.24£2.48Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At the Edge" (B-side: "Running Bear (live)" and "White Christmas (live)"), 9 February 1980, (UK No.15) [29] 7" The environment we grew up in probably did give the album some extra edge to people outside Northern Ireland but from our perspective it didn’t as that was the only thing we knew. Revolution ("Gotta Gettaway"/"Alternative Ulster"/"Bloody Sunday"//"Suspect Device"/"Wasted Life"), 1980 (French, Celluloid CEL 6591)

Inflammable Material - Wikipedia

Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD1\10 - Rough Trade.wav In February 1979, SLF released their first album on the Rough Trade Label, Inflammable Material. [1] The band had signed a contract with Island Records, but it fell through, leaving the group to release the album on Rough Trade, their existing label. [2] Despite the album's independent release, it reached number 14 in the UK Albums Chart and reached Silver status, selling over 100,000 copies. [2] Inflammable Material was the first album distributed by Rough Trade Records, and the first independent album to chart in the UK. After a proposed contract with Island Records fell through, the band signed with Rough Trade. Following the release of the second single " Alternative Ulster" in October 1978, "Suspect Device" was re-released on Rough Trade on 17 March 1979. [4] Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD4\08 - Gate 49.wav Use italics (lyric) and bold (lyric) to distinguish between different vocalists in the same song partFilename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD3\09 - Wasted Life.wav Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD1\03 - Here We Are Nowhere.wav This remastered reissue also includes the single version of "Suspect Device" whose language was toned down for the radio, "78 rpm" whose neat wordplay on revolution makes for a entertaining listen and an eloquent interview with Jake Burns retelling the story of the early days of the band up to and including the release of Inflammable Material which went on to become the first fully independently released album to break into the top twenty. Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD1\07 - White Noise.wav He grabbed me and said, I like you. You've got a lot of nerve": ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons on the night his teenage band supported Jimi Hendrix, and closed their set with Foxy Lady and Purple Haze

Stiff Little Fingers - Wikipedia

Produced at Spaceward Studios, Cambridge (except for "Alternative Ulster" produced and remixed at Olympic Studios).

On The Go

Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD4\03 - Go For It.wav It wasn’t just The Clash themselves, it was more specifically Joe and the more I saw him interviewed and then seeing him in the flesh talking to people, the more I felt his influence. The first time I came across him The Clash were meant to be playing Belfast but they couldn’t get insurance for the hall and they were a lot of angry people in town who had come to see them. A few of us found out they were staying at The Europa Hotel and Joe and Paul took the time to come out and talk to us. At the time, The Europa was surrounded by wire and guards and they were standing at the wire explaining why the gig was cancelled and I often think to myself, “I can’t see Phil Collins doing that”. It was a genuine respect he had for the audience and the connection that he made that made a big impression on me. Filename H:\My Rips\Stiff Little Fingers\Stiff Little Fingers - Original Album Series (2014) [FLAC] {5CD Parlophone 2564636166}\CD5\11 - Is That What You Fought The War For.wav There were a number of well-publicised arguments; The Undertones accused Stiff Little Fingers of sensationalising the Northern Ireland conflict, while they retorted that The Undertones ignored it. Michael Bradley, The Undertones bassist, tells of a confrontation in 1979 between The Undertones’ John O’Neill and SLF's Jake Burns: "He launched into Jake, not physically but verbally. Slagging his records, slagging the journalist writing the songs and slagging the band." Michael Bradley now describes ‘Suspect Device’ as "a great record, although at the time we weren't impressed, probably because they'd made a record before us". [8]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment