276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wynns WY28272 Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner, 325 ml

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes, absolutely. The principle behind a DPF cleaner is to act as a preventative measure to help prevent major problems manifesting themselves accompanied an expensive repair bill. Using a DPF cleaner will cause no harm and even if your DPF is only very lighly full, the cleaner will improve fuel economy and engine performance. Can I Have My DPF Removed?

If the DPF filter reaches a certain percentage full level, your car will give you a warning light which will look something similar to the image below (The image will vary between car manufacturer but will generally look very similar) This occurs during driving when the exhaust gas temperature is high enough, around 600°C, to burn off the soot as it passes through the filter. Active regeneration

GET UPDATES FROM US

If you have a manual car I suggest second gear and a speed of around 50 mph or you can try third gear at around 80 mph.

In vehicles only used for local urban cycle driving, regeneration does not have time to take place, leading to filter clogging. When the soot load in a DPF increases, a warning light appears on the dashboard. The vehicle can be driven at speeds above 70 km/h for at least 10 minutes, allowing regeneration to take place and the warning light to go out. If soot particles remain or regeneration does not occur correctly, the particles will accumulate and when the soot load reaches 75%, the filter must be cleaned manually. Btw, no chemical added to your fuel tank can clean a DPF. All these additives are doing is introducing alcohols into your engine which burn at a slightly higher temp than gasoline or diesel would. Alcohols are generally corrosive to your motor, eating a way at seals and many metallic components. ReplyIf your running a turbo diesel engine and can feel a noticeable loss of power, there's a good chance the turbo could do with a cleanout**.** It’s my second Dacia and will be dealer serviced whilst under warranty. Thereafter I’ll self-service it using the correct Renault/Dacia fluids. I’ve no qualms about removing the EGR every 50k or so to clean it, and hope to be able to get towards 100k or so before I need to pull the dpf for an overnight bath in Wynns DPF cleaner and a gentle up-stream power wash, before replacing it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment