276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, Desktop/Wall-Mount, Steel Case(TL-SG108)

£9.99£19.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You now have the choice to go green when upgrading to a gigabit network! This new generation TL-SG108 features the latest innovative energy-efficient technologies that can greatly expand your network capacity with much less power. It automatically adjusts power consumption according to the link status and cable length to limit the carbon footprint of your network.

Update: I've now added another Ethernet cable to this TL-SG108 and plugged it into my Samsung SmartTV. Again, zero issues. It's handling everything I throw at it. So, after having more and more neighbors move in nearby (ughhh), and knowing that I could see everything about their wireless networks, (I am a computer tech guy, I'm not naming software, but I can see who has Ring door bells, smart appliances, cameras and which routers they go to and which extenders are on that LAN). Then I have 3x cameras connected to the TL-SG108 Switch. So, so far, 4x connections. 1 from the router, 3x from cameras. One Switch Made to Expand Network 8× 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports supporting Auto Negotiation and Auto MDI/MDIX, Plug and play, no configuration needed I bought this to replace a 3M 1Gbps 16 port switch that died after more than 10 years of use. I wanted to get a managed switch that I hoped would also give me device ideas to which port it was hooked up to.Als een computer of netwerkapparaat uit staat, blijft de bijbehorende aansluiting van een traditionele switch aanzienlijke hoeveelheden stroom verbruiken De TL-SG108 kan de verbindingsstatus van elke aansluiting controleren en het stroomverbruik van aansluitingen die niet actief zijn verlagen, waardoor tot 72% minder stroom wordt verbruikt.

it is. Plus, it was way cheaper, anyways. I can't believe how cheap it is. It feels SOLID. Heavy for its size. That is ALWAYS a positive sign in the electronics world. Light electronics are cheaply made. This is not cheap. It doesn't even get warm to the touch. U hebt nu de keuze om voor groen te gaan bij het upgraden naar een gigabit netwerk! De nieuwe generatie van de TL-SG108 10/100/1000 Mbps desktop switch met 5 aansluitingen is uitgerust met de allernieuwste energiezuinige technieken, die uw netwerkcapaciteit vergroten en het stroomverbruik aanzienlijk reduceren. Het energieverbruik wordt automatisch aangepast aan de verbindingsstatus en kabellengte, om de CO2-voetafdruk van uw netwerk te beperken.While the switch won't identify devices, all other options in the manage software work great, with some extras I wasn't expecting. Gigabit that Saves Energy Latest innovative energy-efficient technology greatly expands your network capacity with much less power consumption and helps save money, Dimensions ( W x D x H ) - 6.2 x 4.0 x 1.0 in. (158 x 101 x 25 mm) Video transfer estimates are based on the minimum time needed when all relevant devices are performing at their maximum possible capacity. Actual transfer time is not guaranteed and will vary as a result of environmental factors, network conditions, and client limitations. When a computer or network equipment is off, the corresponding port of a traditional switch will continue to consume considerable amounts of power. The TL-SG108 can automatically detect the link status of each port and reduce the power consumption of ports that are idle, resulting in up to an 82% reduction in power use.

I'll stop here... because I'm pretty much saying "I love it" over and over. DEFINITELY recommend it or whichever model you need with the amount of ports you need. I'd recommend future-proofing and going with the 8-port over the 5 port since you will be down 1 port from the get go since you have to plug your router into it. The price is not much more and you don't want to regret not getting the 8 port over the 5 port. I decided to change my wireless home camera set up to wired. Well, my router only has 4x 1Gbps LAN ports and I have my PC + 5 cameras at the moment. Das Sytem ist Fan-Less/passiv gekühlt (oder welche Bezeichnung man auch immer dafür wählen möchte) - es hat auf jeden Fall keinen Lüfter und macht keinen Lärm. Damit eignet sich sich perfekt als Desktopswitch oder auch in Umgebungen, wo man vielleicht doch etwas mehr Probleme mit dem sonoren Rauschen von Ventilatoren haben könnte. Falls jemandem auffällt, dass ich irgendwo einen entscheidenen Fehler gemacht habe oder einen Punkt übersehen habe, bitte ich um eine kurze Antwort unter meiner Rezension. (Geht das noch? Meine letzte Rezension ist schon eine ganze Weile her.)Advanced Software Features Prioritize your traffic and guarantee high quality of video or voice data transmission with Port-based 802.1p/DSCP QoS and IGMP Snooping Zero set up other than plugging in the power adapter into it and then the wall. Then just plug your ethernet cable from your router to it. Now... any ethernet devices plugged into the switch will show up on your router and, as such, your home network. I'd buy more. I WANT 2.5Gbps so I'm ready to a 2.5Gbps router, but really, I'll probably have 10Gbps Ethernet on my motherboard by then. Study Metal Case Fanless Quiet Design, Desktop or Wall-mounting Design. Operating Temperature: 0 degree Celsius -40 degree Celsius (32 degree Fahrenheit -104 degree Fahrenheit)

faster speeds refer to the speeds compared to standard 1G ports. The actual speeds may vary due to cable quality and type, client limitations, and environmental factors. If you have selected recycling, please ensure your existing appliance is disconnected (and defrosted where relevant) before our team arrive. I have an 8 foot ( I think ) Cat8 (don't ask haha, family member had one) Ethernet cable going from my PC to router. That's port 1. Then I have port 2 going from my router to the TP-Link TL-SG108 8 Port Gigabit Switch. I bought it over the 5 port because... why not? The price was there to just go for the 8 port imo. Plus, I'm gonna fill it up eventually. Then I have the other two 1Gbps ports on my router going out to a camera.Bevor ich mit meiner Leidensgeschichte bezüglich dieses Switches anfange, zuerst mal die positiven Dinge: My motherboard has 2.5Gbps Ethernet, so I would have liked to have went with a 2.5Gbps switch, but then I'd also need a 2.5Gbps Ethernet router... so yeah..

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment