276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fireplace Chimney Draft Blocker Balloon Inflatable Insulate Flue 43" x 21" Eco

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would recommend that you first have the flue swept, then a capping cowl is fitted to the terminal/pot, which would allow the flue to breathe but prevent water ingress and birds from entering the flue. CHIMELLA EXTRA LARGE– flue size between 225mm x 700mm up to 550mm x 1250mm at a height of between 600mm and 700mm above the fireplace opening.

Dunbrik liners have been tested by BSRIA and achieved the highest categories in each class as follows:

Fabric Draft Stoppers

A chimney cowl has rotating components that move according to the wind’s direction. (Think of it as a more complicated version of an anemometer.) The rotating cowl catches the wind and redirects it towards another direction, preventing it from getting into your chimney. Also, the cowl protects against any intruders and minimizes any noise from the blowing wind.

As a Chartered Engineer and Chartered Environmentalist – who lives in an old building with a number of chimneys – I can say that I am really impressed with my Chimellas. Their design and construction is functional and robust. I have been using them for three years and install them in the autumn and remove them in the spring: this gives me all the advantages of preventing drafts in the winter and allowing the building to breath in the summer. Great product and outstanding service." hi get it cleaned and cap it off at the top cheapest way would be with slate drill some holes in the slate to let it breath or box it in so you can not see it 2015-07-01T09:15:04+01:00 This will help you calculate where to hold the CHIMELLA before releasing the canopy to the desired height in your chimney. CHIMELLA LARGE– flue size between 200mm x 350mm up to 450mm x 700mm at a height of between 600mm and 800mm above the fireplace opening. Improving the efficiency of your heating system will help reduce your fuel bills and carbon emissions. Draught-proofingYou can inflate the chimney balloon after inserting it into your chimney instead of the other way around. However, it’s better to inflate it halfway, place it inside the chimney, and fully inflate it from there. CHIMELLA STANDARD– flue size between 150mm x 150mm up to 430mm x 430mm at a height of between 600mm and 700mm above the fireplace opening.

The environmental price tag of laundry is rather hefty. Washing machines, driers and heated towel rails guzzle electricity, while chemical laden detergents wreak havoc on aquatic environments. Our comprehensive guide to swaps and changes you can make to ensure your laundry routine is as environmentally friendly as possible! You could go for an inflatable draught excluder, which will fit snugly inside your chimney. Just make sure that it has a small vent, so air can pass through. With it being Peat Free April, we thought it was probably a good time to update you on our latest Buy Land Plant Trees project. We’ve been starting the process of restoring a peat bog! By cutting out draughts, you can keep your home nice and cosy. You will also use less heating, which is a win win: reducing your bills and helping the planet. The climate is changing due to emissions of greenhouse gases resulting from human activity, and heating buildings currently accounts for more than a third of the UK’s emissions. Are you finding it hard to light your gas fireplaces due to wind gusts? If your vent is uncovered, this means that a lot of air is entering your gas fireplace and blowing out the flames. In that case, installing a wind guard is the best option.

Vent Covers

Many homeowners with gas fireplaces still use traditional chimneys. But if your gas fireplace has a vent, you only need the air flowing through the vent pipe for combustion. In this case, your chimney should be air-sealed to prevent unnecessary air from flowing into your fireplace. It also needs to be done by a professional. When you’re looking for the right trader for the job, remember to follow our tips:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment