276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lost Glasgow

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The king of the savannah had been adopted, as a cub, by their grandfather when he served on a Royal Navy ship during WWI. The beast became the ship’s mascot and, when the war ended, their grandpa took it home to Glasgow; where he would walk it on a leash along Alexandra Parade.

However, the traveller from Somerset who owned my book would have had the pleasure of admiring its great verdigris dome. This rhapsody in green is emblematic of Glaswegian romanticism. Upon seeing this illuminated at night, many citizens have our own version of Woody Allen’s opening monologue from Manhattan playing in our heads. We idolise Old Glasgow out of all proportion. People love stories about how the city used to be, but don’t look at how it is now Denise Mina, novelist While most Glaswegians might not think they are interested in architecture and social history, they all love a good story." The men were assembling for their first run-out, to Houston in Renfrewshire. "And not a safety helmet in sight," as one Facebook user commented. To put it simply, it’s so we never see another life lost on Glasgow’s roads,” Bruce says of her support for the campaign. “It’s also important to encourage more people on to bikes, to help reach net zero targets, as well as positively helping with mental and physical health.This Sauchiehall Street watering hole changed names many times over the years, though most would probably remember it as Sparkles. Launched in 1990, as part of Glasgow’s year as European City of Culture, the venue breathed new life into the long-neglected vaults which support the rail lines from the city’s Central Station. Once home only to pigeons, rats and the occasional rough sleeper, it was soon thronged; by day, with gallery and theatre goers and, by night, by the first generation of ravers and Ecstasy enthusiasts. Picture: John Devlin In the summer of 2017 Glasgow City Heritage Trust teamed up with Lost Glasgow, to present an exhibition devoted to the documentation, discussion and appreciation of Glasgow’s changing architecture and its community throughout the last few centuries . Some changes in Glasgow can be quite subtle, then others are more stark, but if you live here you always have a very particular idea of what the city is, what it looks like.

I mean, I think it’s up in platform one, there’s a plaque that talks of all the all the arrivals and departures during the two world wars, but it is it the very space just breathes history to me. Yeah. I just love it. It lifts my spirit every time I go through. Exactly. Okay, right. In your experience with Lost Glasgow. Are people keen to share their memories about ballrooms? And can can you give us a good example. My favourites have to be those of the late Hugh Jamieson, simply because of how they came to us. Hugh, a city schoolteacher and amateur snapper, took some sensational images.It is also that fact that quite often that sentimentality comes from people who never had to live there. Yeah, it’s very, it’s very easy to look at, look at a picture of the urban density of the Gorbals in the 1940s. And say, dreadful. Why did we lose this, but quite often the people that are saying that, are living in a nice semi detached in the suburbs. And even if the old Gorbals still exist in the world, no one would want to live there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment