276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Piercing Bible, Revised and Expanded: The Definitive Guide to Safe Piercing

£9.035£18.07Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As of September 2022, I reached a difficult decision to discontinue countrywide touring and to pierce only out of Detroit, MI for the foreseeable future. There are a number of reasons for this change, but I won't be going into all of the details. I undertook further volunteer duties with the APP, serving as Editor of the APP's quarterly journal, THE POINT. I produced four publications per year, from issues #17- #31. For issues #46-59, I served in the position of Co-Editor with former APP President, James Weber, and was Editor in Chief of Issue #60. How to become a piercer, piercingthroughout history andin modern culture, and the future of body piercing

In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon, the chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers, the bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings, the rings, and nose jewels, the changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, the glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the veils. Isaiah 3:18-23 Many of the young people in our society here in the USA are embracing a dangerous “little fox” or seemingly “little thing” that may seem harmless. The young people are saying that it is a “trendy” thing to do. Many of them are showing off multiple ear, nose, tongue, eyebrow and navel jewels and rings attached to their pierced flesh. Some even have this done on unspeakable parts of their bodies. These are abnormal and unnatural. This was a period of tremendous growth and development in the piercing world, and a time of many "firsts" as we experimented with the possibilities of piercing the body. It was just before piercing started to become an industry, rather than just a single, highly unusual specialty shop! Some things worked better than others, and we pursued what was successful. During this era, nipples and genitals were the mainstays of our piercing work. Facial and ear piercings were far less popular than the more functional options. Navel piercings were virtually unheard of! And it is to my roots that I have returned. As far as I know, I'm the only professional piercer specializing exclusively in nipple and genital piercings for adults of all genders. I used to tour regularly around the U.S., guest piercing at the studios of my colleagues, since I no longer have my own premises. However, since the Covid pandemic I have curtailed my travels. At this point my plan for the foreseeable future is to pierce twice annually in Detroit. I'm still doing online anatomy consultations. They're required for appointments and if you're home with extra time on your hands, it is a perfect time to sign up!Well, I pierced in Detroit for seven days in late July and early August 2022. On the one hand, it was wonderful to see clients, pierce again, and circulate out in the world a bit. And, on the other hand, working in an N95 respirator definitely makes the job more challenging. (I do not share indoor air with those outside of my household.) I’ve performed over 50,000 piercings since beginning my career as a professional in the 1980s, when I managed Gauntlet, the first piercing specialty studio in the United States. I’m the author of The Piercing Bible: The Definitive Guide to Safe Body Piercing, the first comprehensive mainstream reference book on the subject. It was written for everyone with an interest in the subject (consumers, piercers, apprentices, medical professionals, parents, coaches, etc.). Am I stressing appearance over substance? The Bible clearly emphasizes the inner spiritual qualities of a person and downplays the “outward adornment” (1 Peter 3:3–4). The majority of our effort should be directed at increasing in godliness, not grooming a particular look. These particular chapters will help you learn how to evaluate piercers (and body jewelry, which is also crucial to the success of a piercing):

I had been thinking that I'd be willing to travel to a place where community transmission levels are below 10 cases per 100,000 population as mentioned in my prior update from November. (That's the level the CDC describes as "low" transmission/risk.) Then I realized that many of my clients fly or drive in from other areas. Sometimes, most of my clients are from other regions. I remember one Atlanta trip where I pierced people from 21 other states and 3 other countries (as far away as Israel)--and only a handful of locals. So, really, it makes sense to wait until there are sustained levels of transmission throughout the US are at that low level. No one is more qualified to write this book than Elayne Angel. With more than three decades of personal experience to her credit, no one knows the subject better." There has been some confusion about the name of this piercing following a popular social media post in which people thought it was called a "double dyed piercing," a "double Diego piercing," or even a "double diet coke piercing." The correct name is dydoe, coined by piercing pioneer Doug Malloy as a play on the word "doodad." I continue to offer online one-on-one coaching sessions, provide customized continuing education to industry professionals, and to perform online (photo) anatomy consultations and piercing problem consultations for any piercing on the ears, face, and body.I want a Prince Albert piercing but having second thoughts about it. Please tell me the pros and cons of this piercing. K. I am known as a pioneer in the field for innovating techniques, aftercare, and piercing placements. I am credited (by Jim Ward in his book, " Running the Gauntlet," BMEzine, Pain Magazine, and others) with the popularity of the tongue piercing; and inventing, naming, and popularizing a number of specific piercing placements including the fourchette, and lorum. I also perfected and popularized the triangle piercing. What is my motivation for getting a body piercing? Our motives are important in any decision we make (Proverbs 16:2), especially something as permanent and potentially life-changing as a body piercing. Many of my clients describe the Prince Albert as their favorite piercing. It is a personal decision, but here's an introduction to it from my book, The Piercing Bible--The Definitive Guide to Safe Body Piercing (and there's much more in the book): I've done all that I can to stay safe and healthy up to this point, and it just doesn't make sense to travel internationally (I live in Mexico), and risk a breakthrough infection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment