276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yinyoo KZ ES4 In Ear Stereo Earphones 1DD 1BA Wired Earbuds, Hybrid Drivers 1 Dynamic and 1 Balanced Armature driver Headphone with 3.5mm plug (No mic, Black)

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I tried AfterShokz’s bone conduction headphones, but they just don’t deliver the thumping bass I need to stay pumped during my long runs. This is not to say that it sounds bad, though, as I enjoyed listening to it and I still think this may well be one of the best earphones made by KZ – I consider it way better than the ZS10 in terms of tuning. Keeping track of all the earphones KZ launches is almost like a full-time job on its own, reviewing them is even more challenging if possible. They’re not perfect, though, as there’s still some work the tuning could see – a bit more clarity with a slight emphasis on the upper midrange and more treble extensions would make them even more interesting. The front of the headset is placed with the silicone sleeve facing left to the left and the silicone sleeve facing to the right, which is the right side.

KZ ES4 is the latest in firm’s growing line-up of hybrid

Now, the shape is not exactly the same as that of the ZS10, but it is instead slightly rounder and smaller. This transparent plastic exposes all the innards, so one can easily see the (relatively) large dynamic driver and the balanced armature. KZ ED16: the ED16 are way less V-shaped than the ZSN and, in a sense, they’re their sonic opposite: they place more emphasis on the upper part of the spectrum instead of the lower one.Although the tuning is generally way better than that of previous earphones, it is not devoid of criticism.

The Verge’s favorite audio gear for 2022 - The Verge The Verge’s favorite audio gear for 2022 - The Verge

During our extreme bass tests the KZ ES4 were able to handle 40% of the maximum power of a Fiio E12 amplifier while being set to high gain and with bass boost turned on; a custom basshead EQ was used.It can be an issue and I’m going to say it loud and clear: stay away from these if you think this could be an issue to you. ES4 iem designed with two drivers – 1 dynamic driver and 1 balanced armarture hybrid to produce amazing treble and bass.

KZ Bluetooth 4.2 Cable | Fast worldwide delivery! KZ Bluetooth 4.2 Cable | Fast worldwide delivery!

It's kind of tinny but nowhere near as bad as other KZ earphones with lethal amounts of treble like the ZS5 (V2). The irritating thing is that it is more than probably just a chance, as KZ is notorious for using off-the-shelf drivers without any proper tuning work.I tried many genres and found none which sounded wrong, but keep in mind that the signature includes a lot of colouration and that may not go hand-in-hand with genres such as classical or jazz where more fidelity is needed.

KZ ES4 - Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

In terms of soundstage the two are similar, but in terms of instrument separation and imaging the AS10 win by a slight margin. It is held in place with three screws, placed in the three angles – as the faceplate has an overall triangular shape.The founders are Keith Yue, a former Audio-Technica engineer, and Zen Li, a Western-trained classical musician. The separation of instruments is not really on par with the ZS10, but this makes it very good anyway. Alas the company also changed the connector: instead of having the female connector recessed into the shell, it is now protruding, with the male connector surrounded by a plastic protrusion that covers the female connector when inserted. KZ has always dealt with dynamic drivers, whether it was because they made pure dynamic IEMs or becaude they used them in hybrid configurations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment