276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

LJ Ross has done a great job giving an insight into, and greater understanding of, Ryan’s personality before the nightmare events that sent him to Holy Island, showing how those events influenced the person he became. He’s totally focussed on his job and is determined to catch the killer.

Ross was born and grew up in Ponteland, Northumberland, England. [10] She completed undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in law at King's College London, where she met her husband, and continued her studies in Paris and Florence. After spending most of her twenties working in the City as a lawyer, she began to feel it was time for change. [11] Publishing career [ edit ]I love a crime novel and this one did not disappoint! Great twists and turns and good ending. Looking forward to the next one."

I plan to eagerly follow the D.C.I. Ryan series. The first novel has proven to be a well-balanced blend of police procedural with great characterization and just enough romance to make you even more invested in the plight of the characters. Now, this really is a star studded affair. Featuring Tom Bateman as DCI Ryan and Kevin Whately as Frank Phillips, you are sure of a stunning performance. For me they both captured the characters perfectly, Whately especially making a brilliant Frank. Alun Armstrong was almost unrecognisable as Gregson but again a superb performance, and fantastic narration by Hermione Norris throughout the book, all of them keeping listeners on the hook from beginning to end. I don't think I could imagine a better cast for this to be fair and can only hope that there are more audio productions in the future to reunite (most of) them again. With a passion for writing and reading, a writing career seemed the most plausible way to express her creativity. The idea for the first novel in the series came while she was traveling to Edinburgh with her husband.I loved Hermione Norris narrating this, as the tempo and the threat of the book increased, so did her narration just like it would if you were reading the book by yourself. The panic knowing what was happening, it was there, the fear of what might happen, it was there. My god it was just epic (I have said that already!)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment