276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Everything is Washable* and Other Life Lessons

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hughes, Sali (21 December 2012). "My first Christmas… without my children". The Guardian . Retrieved 6 October 2020. Affordable and also accessible, democratic beauty is really important to me. Some years ago I was at a homeless shelter in Cardiff making a documentary and, while waiting for the camera crew to set up, I saw two cardboard boxes full of toiletries. The woman at reception explained that they were for clients who might have a housing meeting or job interview and need to look presentable. I took a photo of the boxes, sent the picture to my friend [Beauty Banks co-founder] Jo Jones and said "this is crazy - we know loads of people with tonnes of product. And here are people who need product. Can't we bring the two things together?" And she said "yes, definitely".

My most used concealer is the Dior Forever Skin Correct Creamy Concealer in 1.5N. It’s perfection on my dry skin. But I’m currently testing Vieve’s new Radiance Concealer and I’m very impressed. It works well on all skin types. Whichever I’m using, I always start with a dab of Beauty Pie’s Superluminous Undereye Brightener underneath. It makes a big difference.” Cover Reveal: Pretty Iconic by Sali Hughes". 4th Estate. 25 August 2016 . Retrieved 7 October 2020. Hughes's first job in journalism was as a staff writer for the men's lifestyle magazine Loaded in the mid-1990s. [7] She then wrote features and opinion columns for various publications as a freelancer including Grazia, [8] Elle, The Guardian, Glamour, Stylist, Shortlist, and Cosmopolitan. [9] Since January 2011, she has been The Guardian 's resident beauty columnist, featuring weekly in its Saturday magazine and online video tutorials. [10] [11] She also appears weekly on BBC Radio 5Live. [11] Hughes presented an edition of the BBC Radio 4 programme File on 4 in October 2020 about her experiences as a victim of abusive comments from internet trolls. [12] Writer [ edit ] Darling, Annika (29 August 2018). " 'Pretty Iconic': The Book for Make-up Nerds". Make-Up Artist . Retrieved 6 October 2020. Didn't Anthea Turner put out this sort of claptrap some years ago? Did some weird tv show about how to fold your towels nicely. Everyone laughed at her and then no one ever heard from her again.

The Friends and Relationships chapter was interesting because if you follow Sali you might know bits of her personal life so I'm sure some of the advice is based on personal experience. Sali Hughes (born 21 February 1975) is a Welsh journalist, writer and broadcaster. She is The Guardian 's resident beauty columnist. Hughes, Sali (2 October 2014). "Nine Truths Every 20-Something Needs To Know About Beauty". Grazia.

People need to get over themselves about botox,” Guardian beauty editor Sali Hughes says in a wide-ranging conversation on the latest episode of The Women’s Podcast.

I haven't read a book like this before and i don't think i will ever need to read another. Sali covers a wide range of categories, this is everything you need to know to get through life from Sali's experiences. Although it sometimes felt a bit jumbled, the advice is split in to helpful categories and the index helps too.

Maldonado, Veronica (17 September 2017). "Book Review: Pretty Iconic". The Fashion Studies Journal . Retrieved 7 October 2020. MyHome.ie (Opens in new window) • Top 1000 • The Gloss (Opens in new window) • Recruit Ireland (Opens in new window) • Irish Times Training (Opens in new window) Hughes, Sali (21 April 2020). "Our rainbow queen! Why Queen Elizabeth II is the undisputed British style icon". Glamour . Retrieved 7 October 2020. Fashion is a subjective section, I think if you like Sali's style posts on IG you may enjoy this chapter. Everything is Washable and Other Life Lessons". HarperCollins Publishers UK . Retrieved 31 October 2022.For me, the number one priority with any mascara is anti-smudging. My all-time favourites are tubing mascaras (which use polymers instead of the traditional and more smudgy waxes and dyes) – either Estée Lauder Double Wear or Clinique Lash Power, because they just don’t budge. For a waterproof mascara, I will always choose the Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara.” From finances to friendships, food and fashion, this is the ultimate guide to life. Probably not something you would read in one go but something i will definitely reach for when im clueless about something 😂

I grew up with my father and brothers and was the only girl in the house, so appearance wasn’t discussed; it just wasn't a thing and I'm grateful for that. I also never heard either of my parents talk negatively or otherwise about how they looked, which I think gives you a good grounding because then beauty becomes a fun, life-enhancing thing and not a battle you're trying to win.Evans, Pippa (17 October 2014). "When Biscuit Met Sali". Standard Issue . Retrieved 6 October 2020.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment