276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive Up to 400 MB/s Read

£25.995£51.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can install Mint or Fedora or Ubuntu but I’d limit their use on flash drives to just occasional although this flash wear-and-tear issue is almost arbitrary since memory has improved such that flash lifetimes and incidents of developing corrupted cells is measured in years with “normal” daily use.

SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive Up to 400 MB/s

Cost range will vary depending upon Service Level, type of device, cause of data loss, drive condition, and other factors. extension cable and it also gets too hot to touch, but I don’t think my transfer went long enough to have it disconnect. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors. GB) for the first time that it got insanely hot, even after transfering files from or to the device and having it ejected. How can Sandisk get away with this - even allowing for the industry norm of dividing by 1000 (and not the correct 1024) to convert from bytes, it’s not even 64000 !Gen 1 Flash Drive has an ultra-compact design so you can plug and forget, making it easy to add extra storage. version capable of damaging the host machine by the temperatures it can reach BUT you also get shortchanged ! This concerns me… My hope was to leave in a receiver for extended times to access my music but now think i cannot. I think these sticks really do have the potential to damage any socket they are plugged into, and there have been reports of plastics blistering on USB Hubs - I can quite believe it !

SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive Up to 400 MB/s

By checking the box, you acknowledge Western Digital's Privacy Statement and agree to receive communication from Western Digital that includes newsletters, updates, and promotions related to Western Digital's products. Reading and Writing to the Ultra Fit on my Acer laptop didn’t have any disconnects, but the metal part did get really hot. We’ve partnered with Ontrack to provide protection for routine and extreme data loss scenarios such as drive failure, viruses, and software issues. The Verbatim branded thumbdrive get really hot(whole body is aluminium) even if plugged into smartphone after prolonged use.When I pulled one of these sticks out - my finger tip felt like it had touched the metal surface of a boiling kettle ! You can ask sandisk what you can do to prevent this but as far as i know the drive is tested and its becoming slightly hotter that other usb drives but not so hot to damage the host or the drive itself. It took about 8 minutes to do it and it didn’t even get a little warm, nothing, which suggests that the problem has something to do with the ports the flash drive is connected to, and not only the the drive itself.

SANDISK Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Memory Stick - 256 GB, Black - Currys SANDISK Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Memory Stick - 256 GB, Black - Currys

Use of an internal HDD in a RAID configuration or device will void the Data Recovery Plan purchased with the product. Depending on the workload you ahve running on these machines (data logging especially) you may simply be wearing the drives out. This software makes it easy to recover files that have been accidentally deleted (download required). Gen 1 performance with ultra-fast read speeds up to 400MB/s 1 to transfer large files quickly and reliably. By entering your mobile phone number, you agree to receive communication via text message from Western Digital that includes news, offers and updates and acknowledge Western Digital's Privacy Statement.Share your drive with ease knowing you can password-protect your files with a downloadable software 3. I’m wondering if this is due to the LED in the case that is constantly (24/7) blinking and drawing power?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment