276°
Posted 20 hours ago

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oh and the way if leaves a lasting impression when the burning plastic lands on, and sticks to skin. He made lists of everything: untrustworthy people (Don and I were often on it), his weekly income from 1959 through 1967 (in cents), and secret hand-to-hand combat routines. He featured in the television series Jack of All Trades, set on a fictional island occupied by the French in 1801.

Shot by himself and a group of friends, including Sam Raimi (Spiderman), starting at the ages of 18-21. At first glance he seemed fine, but upon closer inspection he was pale, his lips werewhite and crusty, and a small amount of blood trickled from his left nostril. But other than those things, I probably couldn't have named one other thing that Bruce Campbell was in. A week later, shooting a night scene at the same bridge location, Sam had a little run-in with a tree branch.Waiting to chat with the SLUG brass, I picked Chins up off the coffee table—the first time I’d seen an actual physical copy of the book in the wild. People always ask me how I got it and I’ve told them everything from One dark night in Bombay, to A scuffle with bad, bad, Leroy Brown.

With a sharp razor blade, usually from Dad’s shaver, he hollowed out numerous hard-covered masterpieces from the living room. This worked until Mike drilled a hole through the wall of our linen closet and rigged a coat hanger to the drawer itself. Man oh man: has he run into some PEOPLE between his time on the Con circuit, his time hustling locals in Tennessee to fund movie shoots, building fake UFOs to terrify his suburban neighbors, and wheeling and dealing from the Hollywood backlot to the on-location shoots in New Zealand.

Other than the smell of smoke which I allowed to "air out" of my clothes before I went back inside later in the evening I was barely singed and my parents never knew about the "near disaster". Not so in this case, for the worthy progenitor of our race, first to cross the Atlantic Ocean, with whom, for lack of earlier information, our genealogy must begin, was a man of lowly origin and humble occupation. He also gave some fun backstories to a few of those films you know you love if you are even bothering to glance at this title. He played a lawyer turned bounty hunter who was trying to hunt down John Bly, the man who killed his father. Ash vs Evil Dead began airing on Starz on October 31, 2015, and was renewed by the cable channel for second [32] and third seasons, [33] before being cancelled.

The truth is that though you might not have a clue who I am-unless you watch cable very late at night-there are countless working stiffs like me out there, grinding away every day at the wheel of fortune.

Always the 'small star in a big movie or a big star in a small movie', here Bruces candid charm takes centre stage throughout. This bestselling memoir is a delightfully irreverent, yet oddly touching epic of ambition and disappointment, fame and anonymity, and lots of fake blood. Of course, that wasn’t all bad, because we could round up their shredded carcasses and use them as casualties. That includes memories of growing up, meeting Sam Raimi, doing stupid little Super-8 movies together, and eventually the Evil Dead franchise and what it was like to make that. Ma il libro in se, esternamente, è di buona qualità (come i classici libri con copertina flessibile).

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Campbell had a major voice role for the 2009 animated adaptation of the children's book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and a supporting voice role for Pixar's Cars 2. Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort, Nacelle and Fubo to Co-Produce 'Discontinued', Hosted by Bruce Campbell. Throughout Chins, the Detroit-born Campbell exhibits a steadfast sense of reliable Midwestern practicality, tinged with an endearingly cornball sense of humor.Beginning with an irreverent intro penned by Sam and Ivan Raimi in which the brothers attempt to squeeze the publisher for more cash in exchange for opining about their old friend Bruce, and continuing throughout the book’s subsequent 368 pages, Chins’ chief appeal is its humor, honesty, and admirably wry deconstruction of life in the Hollywood trenches.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment