276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Love: Poems to bolster every heart that ever beat

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wild Hope is Donna Ashworth's powerful new collection of wisdom to help us find hope, peace, self-acceptance and inspiration on the days we feel worn down, helpless or sad. Written with love and understanding, Donna reminds us that amidst our daily struggles and constant outpourings of bad news we have so much to hope for, and that every one of us can play a part, big or small, in making the world a better place. A short but uplifting funeral poem by famous Victorian poet Christina Rossetti, about saying goodbye to a loved one. After the bestselling I Wish I Knew, Donna Ashworth has now produced an extraordinary three-volume collection of poems that will touch and inspire every reader in the ups and downs we all face in love, in life and in loss. These brilliantly accessible poems bring delight, comfort and strength in the height of romance, the darkness of grief and the endlessly unpredictable moments in between. Who was your first celebrity fan and how does it feel to have all these household names enjoying your poems? Funnily enough, I now live on a street named “Bards Way” after the wonderful Rabbie Burns. He apparently spent time there as a lad, wrote a couple of poems and fell in love. I don’t remember reading much poetry as a youngster though, despite loving to write my own. I have come across many poets in later life who have a beautiful way with words. Rupi Kaur is insanely talented at saying so much in such a short space and Amanda Gorman is a true powerhouse. I am moved every day by words and the power they have. I think we all are.

Donna Ashworth – Donna Ashworth

If you are organising a funeral service some of these are ideal to be read at those. As I said earlier in my review my mum recently died and we chose a poem my daughter remembered from school called Funeral Blues by W.H. Auden. There were many in this book that I could and would have had. I have read this book, along with 2 others Life and Love as a poetry collection and have reviewed them together so this review will appear duplicated for the other 2 books

Coping with losing a child

There was only one poem I felt negativity towards and it was DEATH IS A THIEF I really strongly disliked the reference to death being like a 'cancer' personally I would substitute 'cancer' with 'monster' Ashworth’s poems are all very accessible to people who usually don’t read poems. Lovely and emotional are the words I would use to describe her poems. Her poems inspires us to love, forgive others and ourselves. She reminds us that we are strong and can learn and make positive changes. When you have lost someone you love Do not make the mistake of living in sadness, or living small to honour their absence. Short funeral verse written by Joyce Grenfell with a message about finding ways to cope with grief carry on after losing a loved one. It’s been so very positive. I’m no longer alone in every decision and have some fabulous people to sound things out with. The quality of the print-work and the skills of all the team make my work so much better too. It’s been a wonderful ride so far and I am looking forward to the future.

Donna Ashworth | 9781785305160 | NetGalley Wild Hope | Donna Ashworth | 9781785305160 | NetGalley

Beautiful remembrance poem, ideal for a funeral reading or eulogy. Written from the point of view of the person being laid to rest. Life - this uplifting beautiful collection tells you to live, to age gracefully, to embrace the changes and to LIVE. I think the most beautiful part of this poetry set was the ones that dealt with ageing where the poet says again and again I want to age, I need to age and I deserve to age, because I have earned. I was so touched by this part as ageing being one of the biggest taboos of life, especially for women. We are taught how to hide the signs of ageing, to try and look young as much as we can. This perspective has helped me look at how I view ageing and how I have begun to accept each passing day as a blessing and not a curse Remember, grief is the price you pay for a love divine. The stronger the love, the deeper the grief but love, love will always win in the end. I have read this book, along with 2 others Life and Loss as a poetry collection and have reviewed them together so this review will appear duplicated for the other 2 books Loss - This book is for everyone, because no matter how much we are prepared for loss, we are not. Loss is always sudden, even when expected. It seeps in with time, showing up unannounced at sight or feeling of something we relate to the lost ones. This collection is about dealing with those feelings, dealing with the trauma of loss, accepting the status of loss, healing the wounds, the scars and scabs left by loss.

Life, Love and Loss is a collection of three sets of poetry by Donna Ashworth dealing with exactly what each of these books are called.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment