276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dinosaurs and All That Rubbish

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Slide 2 – In class we use the Calm Me script to make sure the children are focussed and ready to learn but you may not feel this is necessary at home. Slide 3 -Read the words of the song “For Me” and ask children what they think it means. Imagine a world that is full of rubbish and pollution. Can you think of words / phrases to describe it? When he lands he is greated by a Dinosaur, at first the man thinks he has found a new planet but is soon corrected by the Dinosaur who is angry that the man destroyed the environment so carlessly. The book is very fun and beautifully illustrated and the children in my class where fascinated by the dinosaurs! It is nice to see children so engaged and interested in our planet and this book was a key tool for getting the children talking about the environment and it gave me lots of ideas of lessons I could do with children.

Box office phone lines open from 10am – 6pm Monday - Saturday. Closed Bank Holidays, except when there is a performance when Box Office opens at 12noon Purcell Room is located in Queen Elizabeth Hall. For step-free access please use Royal Festival Hall JCB glass lift to Level 2 and enter via Riverside Terrace.Talk about the difference between dreams we have when we are sleeping and dreams when we are awake, e.g. desires and aims. Let Me Learn Discuss how you learned to make a jam sandwich. Was it listening to instructions, watching someone else, doing it yourself or a mix? Do they know how they like to learn?

Whilst he is away the ground begins to rumble and ancient Dinosaurs break through the earth crust waking from their slumber.Activity: Complete the materials scavenger hunt (inside, outside or both) to find as many objects for each material as they can. Houses Sheet– The numbers in the roofs of the houses are effectively part part whole models. Do draw the lines between the parts and the whole if this helps your child. Use these numbers to fill in the fact families.Again, as was said yesterday this can be a difficult concept so do use counting objects and 2 tens frames to support them if needed.

Discuss that the dinosaurs might want to clean up the world to make it beautiful again and that we are going to need to give them some instructions to do it. Watch the story Dinosaurs and all that Rubbish being read here– only watch the first part, pause after ‘Somehow I must fly’. Extended challenge: Can the children identify why materials are man-made and which occur naturally? Sheet– same activity but focusing on numbers within 10. If your child is not ready to relate addition and subtraction yet. Please just focus on finding the addition number sentences to go with each picture, using the rule of commutativity (e.g. 2+3=5 so 3+2=5) Talk to a member of staff at the auditorium entrance if you have a disability that means you can’t queue, or you need extra time to take your seat. They can arrange priority entry for you as soon as the doors open.

The book begins with the lines: “A man stood on a hill and looked at a star. All he thought about, dreamed about, was the star.” It follows a businessman who will do anything to travel to space, even if he has to destroy his own planet to get there. When he finally reaches the faraway star – a barren planet with “no trees, no flowers, and not a blade of grass” – he starts to think that maybe Earth wasn’t that bad in the first place. Dinsaurs And All That Rubbish is a fantastic colourful and imaginative take on how to teach young children how important it is to look after the Earth. Plus we have arranged all of the printables into one folder as we know some people last time wanted to print it all in one go. A link to that folder is here. One small step for man, one giant pile of rubbish left behind! Man’s dream to reach the stars leaves the world in ruins and disturbs the sleeping dinosaurs. Will they wake up and save planet Earth?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment