276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS TUF Gaming FA506IC 15.6 Inch Full HD 144 Hz Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen 5, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 11)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Flipping the laptop upside down you’ll also notice a redesigned bottom plate, with a honeycomb structure and redesigned air-intake cuts, much larger rubber feet and increased speaker cuts. Each one features 84 blades that vary in thickness from base to tip to maximize airflow, and the blades are capped by a special aerodynamic wave pattern that minimizes turbulence and noise.

Asus TUF A15 review | TechRadar Asus TUF A15 review | TechRadar

Four heatpipes and three heatsinks draw heat away from your hardware and dissipate it quickly, keeping component temperatures at optimum levels. The actual HDMI version of the products should be checked in the product specifications page respectively. That’s not too bad for a gaming laptop, and it’s in part thanks to the energy efficiency of the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, which doesn’t deplete the battery as fast as the more power-hungry Intel CPUs we often find in these laptops. Based on this sample with the existing software, I can attest to the slightly richer sound with improved bass, lows being noticeable from around 100 Hz in our tests. Overstroke technology triggers higher in each keystroke for faster responsiveness and effortless control.However, slightly raising the laptop from the desk to improve air-intake underneath has a slight impact on the CPU/GPU temperatures, so this laptop could be a prime candidate for a cooling pad.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506 | Laptops | ASUS United Kingdom

Built on the new Zen 3+ architecture using the cutting-edge 6nm process, this CPU has plenty of power for today’s games and applications. This is a highly-specced configuration of the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506, but Asus offers the series in a few different versions. With Adaptive-Sync, the display’s refresh rate synchronizes with the GPU’s output to reduce lag, minimize stuttering, and eliminate visual tearing for ultra-smooth and lifelike gameplay. GHz, temperatures of around 83-85 degrees Celsius and scores of 1800+ points, with a TDP of above 54W.

As shown in those pictures above, there’s a heatpipe that goes right next to the main SSD, and that is what’s causing the drive to get hot. The latest GeForce RTX™ 3050 GPU delivers fluid gameplay on a 144Hz display, while the potent AMD Ryzen™ 5 CPU is bolstered by improved cooling that amps CPU performance and keeps acoustics stealthy. The plastic interior and the IO still reminds this is a lower-tier gaming notebook, and I personally would have appreciated a 180-screen and perhaps having those status LEDs pushed onto the side, but everything else is nicely made and ergonomic. This article is a detailed review of their latest TUF Gaming A15 FA506 update, based on an AMD Ryzen 4000 platform and Nvidia RTX graphics. Launched in the first half of 2020, this model follows up on the highly popular Asus TUF FX505 models of 2019, and they’re more than just a hardware bump.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506 | Laptops | ASUS United Kingdom ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506 | Laptops | ASUS United Kingdom

inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 144Hz Value IPS-level anti-glare display | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU 4GB GDDR6 | Wi-Fi 6(802. I really like the look of this Laptop and also what it has under the hood but I don't know about that display. In compatible scenarios, batteries can be recharged to 50% within 30 minutes under the optimal temperature range of 20-45 degrees Celsius. With Adaptive-Sync, the display’s refresh rate synchronises with the GPU’s frame rate to reduce lag, minimise stuttering, and eliminate visual tearing for ultra-smooth and immersive gameplay. Due to photographic variables and conditions, actual product appearance may differ from images shown on this site.It’s one of Nvidia’s more affordable GPUs, but still offers very good performance, including modern ray tracing support, and with 6GB of GDDR6 memory this is a smart choice for a laptop in which costs need to be kept down. I want it for everyday university use and occasional gaming (both single player titles and fps like overwatch/pubg etc. Again, it's not a flagship GPU, but it's a brilliant 1080p performer, making it a great choice for this kind of gaming laptop. Powered by an AMD Ryzen™ 9 mobile CPU built with cutting-edge 7nm technology, the TUF Gaming A15 capably handles everything from quick-play matches to marathon study sessions.

ASUS TUF Gaming FA506IC 144Hz Full HD Gaming Laptop (AMD

I'm also really leaning towards a Ryzen 4800 or similar processor, because I'm not keen on Intel being in a monopoly for so long. Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U. Gaming on the Performance profile tames down the fans to about 45-46 dB at head level (44 dB in Armoury Crate), but the CPU/GPU frequencies take a small dip, due to higher thermals. That aside, the FA506 also feels much stronger anchored on the desk with the larger and grippier rubber feet.I don’t have the right tools to test for input lag and response time, and as far as I can tell the gaming experience was OK in the titles that I’ve tested. Bolstered by comprehensive cooling, the CPU runs on up to 45W of sustained power, delivering excellent gaming and multitasking performance. The QHD panel hits 100% of DCI-P3 and the FHD display meets 100% of sRGB, reproducing colors exactly as the creator intended. Colors of products may not be perfectly accurate due to variations caused by photography and monitor settings. Video Playback: Testing is done with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth off, Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, Taskbar Power Mode set to Battery Saver, system volume at 67%, and video at full screen, 1080p resolution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment