276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lime Green Pear Bag by FRUITFRIENDS. Protect your fruit. Colourful neoprene case. Machine Washable.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Of course, the beauty of pears is how versatile they are a fruit in completely dishes. Here are 3 ways I love to freeze them: Pear Crumble Although the concept of freezing pears is simple enough, there are a few steps you’ll want to take to ensure you freeze them well. Here is my method for freezing them:

Once fully ripe, pears will last for between 3 and 5 days in the fridge. They will last for less time when kept at room temperature. How Do You Defrost Pears? I wrap the dish tightly with plastic wrap. It’s crucial to protect the crumble from exposure to air, as that’s what causes the dreaded freezer burn. Then, just to be extra sure, I add another layer of protection with some foil over the plastic wrap. For many recipes and uses, you may not want to defrost your pears at all! If you have chosen to freeze pears without a syrup for popping into smoothies, juices and pureeing then you don’t need to defrost them at all. Choose ripe but firm pears. Peel, core and cut the pears into halves or slices. You must treat the pears with an acidic solution to stop them from browning. You can use lemon juice for this. Put 3tbsp of lemon juice in a water bowl and soak the prepared pears in the solution for about 3 minutes. Drain the fruit and allow it to dry. Delivery is on a selected date, you can choose a delivery day of your choice, up to 10 days in advance (Excluding next day delivery. Postcode restrictions apply)Whenever I’m ready for a comforting pear crumble, it’s as simple as preheating the oven and popping it in. Poached Pears Drain the pears and allow them to dry. You may need to dab the pears dry using a piece of kitchen paper to absorb the excess moisture. Although unhealthy, freezing pears in a sugar syrup solution will help them to last much longer in the freezer. Of course, if you’re freezing pears to have them in a smoothie or for breakfast then this method should be avoided. Two cups of pears should be mixed with about half a cup of syrup. You can add a little extra syrup if you prefer. Make sure you leave some space at the top of the container for the syrup to expand as it freezes. Prepare a syrup by dissolving sugar into water. The amount of sugar will change how light or heavy the syrup is. This is down to your personal preference.

You know how some days you crave a warm pear crumble but don’t have the time or energy to whip it up from scratch? That’s where freezing comes in. Prepare a bowl of lemon juice mixed with water. About three tablespoons of lemon juice should work. This is to stop the pears from going brown and spoiling. Soak the pears in the solution for about three minutes. If you do need to defrost the pears then the best method is to allow them to defrost slowly in the fridge. Just pop them into a bowl and allow them to defrost for a few hours. Can You Refreeze Pears?

UK Shipping

As long as you have prepared and frozen your pears well then they should be perfectly delicious after freezing.

I usually prepare my pear crumble right up to the point where they’d go in the oven. Of course, make sure you assemble them in a freezer-safe dish. Poached pears are another treat that freeze remarkably well. After I’ve poached them and let them cool, I transfer the pears into a freezer bag.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment