276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Montane Trailblazer 30 Backpack - AW22

£50£100.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Growing up in a quiet village in the West Midlands I had plenty of outdoor space to keep me busy and the fields and woodlands near my home was where my passion for the outdoors really began. After school and college I left the UK to live in Greece and Canada before returning home to start looking for a career. After a long stint in management and working as a retail manager in a cycle store I made the decision to turn my passion for the outdoors into a career and start working towards mountain leadership and becoming an outdoor instructor.

Side tension straps are linked to the hipbelt. By tightening these straps you can stabilise the load but reduce the hipbelt flexibility. Where balance is critical tightening them can help you feel more secure. However, if you are striding out over easy terrain it’s better to loosen these straps to allow full hip flexibility. I got mine online in New Zealand from Further Faster. If you’re a Wild Things VIP, don’t forget to use your discount. Passing on knowledge and skills to my clients is what I am really passionate about and watching my clients go on to have big adventures with their new skills is the reason I became an instructor. As a passionate mountaineer, climber and mountain runner I try my hardest to bring that passion with me to every course and feel that’s one of the reasons why I have so many repeat clients.

Large side pockets

I'm a full member of The Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) a member of Ogwen Mountain Rescue Team (OVMRO) and a member of Mountain Training and British Mountaineering Council. I also work as a Safety Manager for a number of large participation events and Technical Advisor for large-scale organisations. I now live in North Wales where I spend most of my free time climbing, running and hiking in the mountains. I also spend lots of time abroad leading treks in Morocco and climbing in the Alps but North Wales will always be where my heart is! As always is the case the first 30+ minutes from the car park gives the cobwebs a good old dusting off, a zip pulled down and up comes the sleeves, or if you were too keen at the beginning of this chilly outing a stop to shed a layer (or two) and a slug of water. Mountain Leader (ML), Mountaineering Instructor (MCI), Winter Mountain Leader (WML), Rope Rescue (RRO) It turns out the straps weren’t all tightened up :p My friend made sure everything was pulled tight and everything was much quieter. She had said the sound was noticeable but was being nice and not saying anything until I mentioned it haha.

Customisable, body-hugging Montane® COVALENT harness designed for a superior fit and extended comfort, adjusted via the duel direction under arm pull It’s no secret that I am a big fan of the Montane brand. A UK designed outfit who are at the forefront of the Fast & Light game right now, a manufacturer that is using the latest textiles and technology in their clothing and equipment and achieving high performance that doesn’t break the bank. My first impression with these straps wasn’t good (they’re in the photo above)…but that’s because I wasn’t using them properly when trying to clip them on the bag. Now? I like them a lot. They’re super simple to use and never come loose mid adventure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment